Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Evaluate My wind walker

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by thepopo, Feb 20, 2004.

1. thepopo

thepopo IncGamers Member

Evaluate My wind walker

OK, i built this character before any guides came out for wind druids (that i knew of). I built this character after i messed up my first elemental druid and decided to focus on wind because fire is way too resisted. I think i messed up on my stat point allocation but you let me know if i should try to up this guy any higher.

Patriarch PoTheAwesomeXII
    US West [LADDER]

Level: 90
    Stats
    Str: 198 (With modifiers)
    Dex: 97 (with modifiers)
    Vit: 253 (with modifiers)
    NRG: 187(with modifiers)

*Now i know my NRG is a bit high. But i built this character not even thinking about shield block. My question is...is it important? I plan on eventually using Earth Shifter for it's massive +7 to elemental skills. So i figured i might still be ok.

Skills
    Elemental
    1-Arctic Blast(prereq.)
    20-cyclone Armor
    20-Twister
    20-Tornado
    20-Hurricane
    Summoning
    17-Oak Sage
    1-Raven
    1-Spirit Wolf
    1-Dire Wolf
    1-Grizzly bear

TOTAL: 102 Skill Points

Gear//MF Gear
    Helm:Ravenlore//P-Topaz Shako
    Ammy:+3 elemental skills//35% MF
    Armour:Enigma//Enigma
    Weapon(s):+4 Ondal's Wisdom//Wiz Spike-Rhyme Grim Shield
    Ring1:SoJ//29% Nagel
    Ring2:SoJ//28% Nagel
    Belt:Arachnid Mesh//Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves:Trang-Oul's//Trang Oul's
    Boots:Aldur's//Aldur's
    Charms:38% Gheeds-12/14/7 Anni Charm-7% MFSC w/20 defense-
    +1 Summoning GC w/4 Str

With my normal gear on i have level 36 elemental skills and skill level 28 oak sage and level 12 minions.
    With MF gear on. My elemental skills drop to 29 and my oak sage is 24 while my minions are 8.

I find this build quite viable for MF because the tornados do decent damage and hit multiple targets. Also. I can watch all my resistances fall to -70 without worry as my cyclone armor absorbs 1,955 elemental damage.

My wind druid. Should i maintain him as my main with his great gear...or should i toss him to the side and outfit say a hammerdin.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Looks good even with the mass energy, just wondering what your life is at? If you don't die at all or much then its ok, but if you do die a bit much from low life you might want to start again. Gearwise you're doing great, same with skills. I would maintain him instead of hammerdin, but thats just my opinion. Hammerdin got really boring to me, and wind druid does just fine for mfing.

3. thepopo

thepopo IncGamers Member

my life is at about 750 and with oak sage giving +160% life. this rises to 1,900 life. And with skill level 30 battle orders i have about 2.7K life. So dying from life loss isn't too common.

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

By yourself, with all those minions around, you should be doin fine.

My wind driud has level 28 skills, no minions, and full block. I have a tough time in full games, as my attacks just dont stun, so i have to sit there and take a beating while killing. Personally i like being able to block, really helps. I cant imagine cranking the str for a hel-earthshifter, and not blocking.

I'd say keep him if youre doin ok, but a hammerdin will just do even better.

5. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i say keep him

my druid is very similar, and the BIG plus is resist, hammerdins you need to up the resisit in hell, for a wind druid, u don't have to worry, that factor alone allows u to equip more mf and more plus 1 killing gear.

stick with the druid, mf some more, get some good shtuff to equip a pally, then make one, NO need to destroy a perfectly good char when u can just make anohter