Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[euscl]N help with my uber-runner

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by spigot, Nov 9, 2006.

1. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

[euscl]N help with my uber-runner

Hi there, I am making your standard 1-point smith zealerdin for uber running. My eq so far is:

Guillaume's face
    Seraph's hymn
    Upped Zaka
    Dracul's
    Tgods
    Gore riders
    Raven
    +15 all res ring (with 10% mf)

I have 4 ist and some change to spend, what should I go with for armor and weapon? I dont want to be hand-fed, I just want some suggestions, I'm feeling a little low on resists, even just in hell with a load of charms in my inventory (I'm using Guardian Angel at the moment as my plan was to go for 95% res all, however I dont think this is realistic), for weapon I was thinking heaven's light socketed with 2 shael. Feel free to be critical about what I have already got, this is my first uber-runner. :smiley:

2. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

If you have 4 ists you could trade 2 to get mal and Lo and make a grief RW. Then you could use the other 2 to get a Fort. I don't know if the European economy is like the one on USWest where Ist = HR, but if they do that'd be my plan. If you're feeling low on resist try putting an um in your hoz and if thats still low maybe in the g face. However, another alternative is to make the RW Treachery (pretty cheap) which, w/ its CTC Fade will boost your resistances a lot. You don't need more than max resists EXCEPT against meph and his conviction aura.

3. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Unfortunately over here on Europe HR = 2 ist :sad2: but I should still be able to get lo for 2 ist, so I think I'll definitely make a forti. I forgot to put that I already have a treachery, so the pre-buff is there already :thumbsup: but I think grief is then gonna be too expensive because I wont be able to afford the mal. I'm going to go with a forti and a heaven's light I think, from what Ive been reading that should work, I just found 2 11% cold sc's so thats helped my resists a lot, and I forgot about socketing everything with ums for resists, I guess Ill do that too!

4. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Then with your current setup you shoul do fine against the ubers. All you need is CB and Lifetap and you're good to go.

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Heaven's Light is a pretty cheap choice for more CB, etc.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Well, spend 3 ists into getting Lo + Mal (for the grief), and use the last one on what ever you want (maybe a duress or something that boosts your resists).

7. SuLyMaN

SuLyMaN Banned

Id definetely go Grief PB over Fortitude!!

Why PB!? I dont like to repair and its got a base speed ;-)

8. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

PB has high dex requirement though, I have petty low dex and str, in fact, I only just make the requirements for my upped zaka. I've got myself a heaven's light now, and a 28 forti, (my second, I made the first in archon plate getting a lo for 2 ists and sold it for 3!) I know everyone worships the +damage on grief, but I have hit the 4 fps break with heaven's light, and should be copping around 3000 a smite when I go to run the ubers at about level 90, i giving 4 fps thats a good 10000 average a second (allowing for misses) and when I have them down to 1/3 life from CB thats only 200000 or so, so about 20 seconds... I think that's killing fast enough! Anyway, thanks for all your help, Ill probably be back here whinging when it all goes wrong and I need help again :rolleyes:

9. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

if you are still low on res u should prolly go with coh instead of fort that will buff the res up alot

10. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Yes, another option if you are low on resists is using a wizardspike. :)

11. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

lol I am just thinking to myself, crap my resists are low, maybe I should change to coh and I stumble upon your post. Even with CoH though my resists without charms come in at -11. I think I'm gonna get wasted, my final equipment as it is at the moment, if i change forti to coh is:

Um'd Guillaumes
    Seraph's
    2 Shael'd 3 skill heaven's light (Have just won a cta as a prize, yay, now i can prebuff life!)
    CoH (Treachery for fade prebuff)
    P Diamond upped zaka (Maybe I should swap an um in, but it seems so expensive for 3 res... but then I gues a 5 all res sc would set me back ist, so...)
    Dracul's
    Tgods
    Gores
    raven
    15 all res ring

I have no res all small charms, and my total charm res comes to 55 light 25 fire 36 cold and 29 poison, now, with fade up, all equipment, charms and factoring in 30 for anya quests that comes to:

-100 (hell)
    -120 (mephs conviction)
    +15 umd guillaumes
    +65 CoH
    +15 fade
    +69 HoZ (72 if I um it)
    +15 all res ring
    +30 anya
    = -11

add in each res and i have 44 light 14 fire 25 cold and 18 poison... Im gonna get killed arent I?

what should i do? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cry:

EDIT: just noticed your post on wizspike wouldnt this leave me doing no damage with zeal when i stopped smiting? and would lose me 33% crushing blow and most of my attack speed for the smiting itself, then id still have to swap to a high damage weapon to finish off.

12. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Yes you are right about the zealing part.

Do you have access to 1 point salvation? You could run that while fighting Meph, then go back to fana for Dia + Baal

Also an option is nef-lum armor (forgot the name) 50resall very cheap.

Also you can think about using wizzy only on Meph then going back to Heaven's light for other monsters. Also, don't get 5resall sc's if you are on a budget, 14-15resall gc's are much better then.

13. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Im hoping i can afford coh, which is 65 all res. Ah, hadnt thought of 14 res all gcs, they must be pretty cheap yes? I guess ill go try the trade forums and see how many i can get for 3 ist.

14. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

this is prolly way out of ur price range but my pure smiter uses

2x ber'd coa 28res
    398/37 greif pb
    eth zakurum exile 43%ares
    ap coh
    dracs
    gores
    verdungo
    28 maras
    2x 3%bk rings
    15/16 anni
    17/18 ptorch

with it i have max resists dont get me wrong very expensive but ubers are a sinch

15. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Im hoping i can afford coh, which is 65 all res. Ah, hadnt thought of 14 res all gcs, they must be pretty cheap yes? I guess ill go try the trade forums and see how many i can get for 3 ist.

If not, you can always just stack up on single-element-resist SCs. Go for the more important ones, like cold and lightning, then fire, and poison.

16. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Thought I'd keep you all updated, I just ran my first anni!!! Solo with this character!!! In under 30 seconds I had UberD weeping like a little girl... I think Im ready for chaos :evil:

17. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Thought I'd keep you all updated, I just ran my first anni!!! Solo with this character!!! In under 30 seconds I had UberD weeping like a little girl... I think Im ready for chaos

Nice. Chaos might be considerably harder, with the multitude of monsters and IM.

18. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Iron maiden??? doh! what do i do to get round that? I have the resists side pretty much sorted now.

19. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The IM knights only appear in furnace of pain, not the main chaos trist itself. For furnace of pain, just get another char to clear out the area or tele to izzy and lure him out. The lesser ubers don't spawn minions.

20. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

thats what i thought, phew, you scared me then, i thought i hadnt heard any mention of the uberspawns being OKs. Im fine with strategy for running the bodyparts, ive been doing that already :smiley: