Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EuScL] Low level duel match ups

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by mystified, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

[EuScL] Low level duel match ups

well hello you all forumites.

I know some are interested in Low level duelling, and have already posted in

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=649610&page=5

unfortunately I am not rich enough to have a properly sponsored duel torney...yet. :)
    and since owen can't do it any time soon...

but I also remember having a sort of ranked system for Eu duellers in last Ladder and was wondering if anyone would be interested in such. ofc, unlike hld this will be harder to make ranks since its divided in different lv categories whereas HLD would be any level.

So...this is simple structure I thought of..

ranks from 1-10;

1) mystified (Lv18 zealot, Lv30 windy)
    2) xxx (Lv9 jabber, Lv48 barb)
    3) xxx (put suitable stuff here)
    etc

rank will first be done as random (i wil roll a dice or something), but it will eventually change to person with better skills/gear as they won't budge much ^^

winner takes loser's rank if it is higher. simple as that.
    rankers cannot change characters or add/remove characters once they are in the rank. this can only be done once you forfeit your rank. (which you wil have to climb back up)

you can challenge any of rank 5 to and 10, and once you are in the rank, you can only challenge two above.
    Challenger can 'choose' which character they can duel. (i.e. I have signed up with zealot And windy, so you can choose either of the levels for your convinience :wink3: and challenger's advanatage)

Each win, however, wil allow the winner to 'dodge' next challenege should they wish to (does not accumulate tho), and will also be 'immune' to next call out. (i.e. i won a game vs owen, then I cannot be challenged by next call out. so whoever wants a duell with me will have t ocall out someone else first then me, or wait till someone else challenges anyone but me, then challenge me. of course, being a sissy that I am I will probably dodge XD)

Lv restrictions are strictly Lv9, Lv18, LV30, and Lv49 (there isn't much of MLD duelling scene so i thought i might include it. its useful for people to challenge)

Lv9, 18, 30 duels in norm
    Lv 49 duels in nm

I am yet to decide for hell rush. i don't see reason for such except for Lv 9 but whatever (need more discussion)

simple rules are
    1) sorbing only one sorb gear allowed. that is only one pdr % or sol-ed helms/shield can be in use at same time (no SoE AND soled helm allowere at same time).
    Max res gears are also considered sorbs here. so only one as well. Spurs BANNED. only 1 raven too (Lv49..its in nm guys...:wink3:)
    2) above rule same for mld (yo ucan get 40% pdr easily anyway)
    3) only mana pots allowed, except ES sorc (this i am not comfortable with but hell...it wil mke life easier for someone new tp lld. also this is minor mana potion available from akara. nothing bigger allowed)
    4) bone prisons are bm. decrep is bm. Bone armor recast/cyclone armor recast are also bm.
    5) Lv30 category hammers are banned from using insight. I'd nurf level restrictions for hammers but whatever :p
    6) tele is banned. its impossibl to keep up with sorc except pallies
    7) Any character using charge as a means of attacks are restricted to norm rush. those who use it as means of movements are fine. (i rather like this rule)
    8) hmm need opinion on this, but banning 2 x spirit on hammer. only one spirit (be it shield or weapon) is allowed (that should nef them enough)

sign up can be done here, and more ideas would be nice. any thoughts on rules would also be nice. (especially rank. think 10 is too many??)
    any sign up here will be copied&pastied to newer cleaner thread should we need one.

PS should we be posting in pvp forum??

PPS I will start sign up. please copy paste as needed

acc: *ul_yi5
    character: Lv18 zealot/Charger, LV30 windy

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. Yacoby

Yacoby IncGamers Member

Re: [EuScL] Low level duel match ups

acc: *Yacoby6
    character: Lv18 Smiter

3. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

Can I use my lev 21 if I nerf my charms, or am set at a disadvantage of some sort?

4. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

heft// you can up your character to lv 30 zealot. the charm being used are same, and only main difference to other kv 30 melee are that you will require better set of jewels (i.e. 20+ maxers) and maybe change in weapon (i can think of robo naga).
    as it is your zealots pretty much overwhelming ^^, and I don't see why he wouldn't be so bad at lv 30.

PS we can get this started once we have 5 people signed up. starting won't be hard. finding common time to duel maybe ^^