Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Europe HCL TPPK accounts (blacklist)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by dyolf, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

Please add any accounts that you know for shure are illegit pks (tppk, town killers, ench game killer etc). I will s***list them in the op gauss channel.

Please post all accounts and the pk method(s) used!

2. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

Re: Europe HCL TPPK accounts (blacklist)

tppk account: dav-
    methods used: blizz

3. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

Acc: Gliffer
    (see deeds thread)

4. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Acc: Nawb

He's a noob but he kills noob also ...

5. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if the forum upkeep likes this kind of blacklists here, but at least you could add them to the bot's right click properties. (You know, the window that opens up when you right click a toon in the chat.)

6. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

If the forum doesnt like this kind of list (well, when i was still playing pub games, i would have liked this list), i will move it off.

Anyway, lets hope we will never see one of those bags in our channel!
    If that should happen, all that we need to do is /****list <acc>, and off he is (by the way you, krazeyivan and some others can do this too).

Perhaps this is not needed, because you have to be safelisted beforehand to join the channel, but explicitly ****listing notorious pkers from the channel will prevent them from sneaking in. Probably thats just me being a bit paranoid...

7. Krazeyivan

Krazeyivan IncGamers Member

I tend to keep my eyes peeled - if someone is abusing the op gauss channel then it good to know I can do something about it.

8. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

Hey, better safe than sorry =P

9. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

Yes, man it's "only the paranoid survive", not only in hc :p

10. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Apologies for not being around a lot of late; having missus troubles and outside drinking sessions and restarting old games like Necromunda have been keeping me away but I think I'm on most of this week...i'll make sure i'll keep my eyes peeled also for idiots trying to ruin our fun by cheating...

11. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

I agree this is a relevant question, because the subject has been controversial for some time now -- for example I remember having advocated something of exactly this sort during my Amazon Basin days, but they refused to go along with it (to be fair it wasn't the AB users who didn't like the idea, it was, as always, <sigh> the AB Forum operators), the excuse that I heard was "well this would just serve as an honor roll for TPPKers, they revel in the notoriety that they'd get".

As a side note, because AB uses a private password system for a lot of their guild functions, the "TPPKer sh*t list" could have been kept private, so just anyone on the Net couldn't have accessed it. Unfortunately I don't believe that this type of function is available on DiabloII.Net so there would be more of a risk of the TPPKers using it for the above purpose here... except that, they can get more or less the same set of jollies just by reading the "Our Fallen Friends" thread. And in any event (see the BMPK Website), they keep their own scorecards and "who's the most obnoxious cheater and hacker" ladder rankings, so anything that we might do to defend ourselves would hardly make the situation worse, in the long run.

So I think from a "feeding the monkey" point of view it's more or less a wash. I think the biggest problem isn't that; rather, it's the fact that there are hundreds of these idiots on each Realm. So it may be very difficult to remember all those names, especially in the frenetic activity that's typical of multiplayer Diablo.

For the record, let me state that I strongly support this kind of list and will contribute to it as I am able, with the proviso that I very rarely participate in public D2 games on the Battle.Net Realms for obvious reasons. [I almost never level in public games, particularly on the same screen as other characters, past Level 9, and on those rare occasions when I do, every second that I play I am carefully watching the "Party" screen for signs of Level 90 Sorceresses, Necros and Druids suddenly showing up in my Normal Difficulty Level game (yeah, sure, they're just there to help you find Deckard Cain... right.) :liar:]

Here's my two bits to get things going (the only one I have recently seen do a TPPK and remember the name of, there was also another one but I didn't catch the name):

"CumOnMyBone" (Level 90 or so Bone Necro), US East Realm. Uses Bone Spirit and has Enigma because he teleported across the Black Marsh to nail a Level 12 Sorceress (boy, aren't you the man, there Necro... why don't you try pulling the wings off flies, that's fun, too) with a (so he said) 5.6K Bone Spirit.

I hate those guys. :rant: Oh, for the day that Daddy pulls the credit card that they've been using to buy all their cheat gear with.

MrBill

12. PestInReace

PestInReace IncGamers Member

Saw this windydruid kill with tppk in a norm baalrun a few weeks back
    Acc: 0mg (with zero)

13. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

I think the main issue is that if we ****list people here, we can hardly prove it, and hence could be intentionally trying to shut out someone who hasn't done anything wrong. I think we can trust eachother enough not to do that though, and I have hunch Zappa doesn't mind us doing it. As long as the other mods steer clear ;p

14. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

The big problem we have with something like this here is that it's very difficult to really verify what's being posted. We have to pretty much rely totally on the honesty of the people posting the information, as well as have faith in the accuracy of the information being posted. Account names that have zero's for O's, etc., often times lead to mistakes being made, and people get accused falsely. Something like this always puts an additional burden on moderation because ultimately I am responsible for what gets posted here. Any blacklist that we allow to be posted we are putting our stamp of approval on it so to speak. We don't usually care to take the leap of faith for something that could end up turning pretty ugly in the event that somebody on this forum gets falsely accused (either on purpose or by accident).

So I'm keeping a very tentative eye on this. Usually these things get nixed pretty much out of hand, and I can't promise I won't do that in this case. If this thread doesn't cause much bother I'll probably let it go. But if this thing becomes much maintenance for me it will be TK'd (Thread Killed).

15. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

I understand your concerns. Since the blacklist is only for the Europe HCL part, i didn't expcect that many posts, but i may be mistaken. Errors and trustworthyness of the information is of course a concern. I intend to handle this like the channel applications: check how long the person is on the forum, how many and what kind of posts s/he has. My impression is, that forum regulars are pretty serious gamers (if there is such a thing), so i wouldn't expect random stuff to be posted.

Anyway, if it turns out as being too much of a bother or plain useless, just TK it.

16. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

That's a problem, but i think we should not underestimate the power of trust and reputation. If for example someone from the TUW or KTA crew, or another longtime forum contributor posts a tppk account, i will happily s*itlist that one, without any proof. But of course, this is not 100%, only perhaps 99% shure?
    What we gain is, that we can be almost 100% shure playing with people from the channel, because the are whitelisted, and the blacklist is just an additional safety to prevent adding 'nasty' people.

17. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

FYI this is the current sh*tlist of the op gauss channel (known tppk accounts for europe). What a pathetic bunch they are, just look at those account names :girly:

dav-
    Nawb
    Gliffer
    0mg
    kontrol
    dak-
    meditator
    princess1
    fugi-loko
    macello
    mahogany Reportedly using a town kill hack, to have killed a high lvl char near the campfire in act 1)
    n3w_player
    jesus
    pogromca3
    lol_92
    poland
    ger
    dvd_trying
    p1st1[xiv]
    mystic]pl[
    antidisco
    ming_sa
    fingswing
    playerkiller
    The-GaMe-SAD
    The_GaMe-FAST
    n4p
    pks;
    tln
    maki
    mada_faka
    buttii

More added daily, these guys are like flies...

18. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I thought that these losers attracted the flies :)

DelBoy

19. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

Nice metaphor, waflob. :grin:

20. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Please do not confuse this with Marcello, who frequents these forums. His account is nowhere near 'macello', but his name here is!
    He is a very friendly guy, and has helped me on numerous occasions.

[/OT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.