Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[eunl]My WW Barb is having great trouble with Paladins...

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Throttle, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

[eunl]My WW Barb is having great trouble with Paladins...

Hi. I have a WW barbarian with the following items:

Arreats (Shael)
    Enigma Archon
    Ethereal BOTD Colossus Blade
    Stormshield (Perf Diamond)
    Steelrend
    Sandtrekkers (or whatever)
    Hi'-Lords
    2x Ravens
    Thundergods (need to get a vertungo's I guess)

Inventory mostly full of small charms of vita.

4718 life with yells, WW dmg is like 1400-3800ish and 12k ar with enchant club.

Resist all max on Hell.

But I'm having great trouble with Hammerdins and FoH'ers. They kill me in a couple of shots and generally have too much block/def for me to kill them in a couple of whirls. I'm looking for some advice - my means are limited but I suppose I can scrounge up a few soj's worth of stuff. Thanks in advance.

Throttle

2. Fearoth

Fearoth Diabloii.Net Member

Go 2 handed vs hammerdins, shield doesnt help u here at all, also try to get just south east of him, (Its difficult to picture but with practice u will get it right), and berserk his ass. (anyway its a very difficult matchup for a barb)
    FOH is easy, just use a 4x ptopaz monarch with tgods and some 11% lr sc's in inventory and he will barely scratch u..

3. Arctickhan

Arctickhan Diabloii.Net Member

-Get more %fhr affix when want a duel with him run away slash some monsters and charge the frenzy(increase it by +skill items or charms) then take a WW quick from the south east like fearoth has said...if frenzy duration has over swap to war cry and stun him and try a WW again and again...this is a way to beat foher he must be standing while casting fohs like hammerdin but be sure a hammerdin is always worst enemy of a barb...i have no challenge about WW vs. hammer...
    -If youll try to have many socket this might weakens you...go for 2 sockets once and use lo rune and ptopaz or sol rune.
    -If you ve troubles about mana use some eth or carry +mana charms on your invent.
    -Fearoth is right.no shield for hammerdins and take a stormshield for foher.BH is blockable but it is useless for most WW vs. hammer duels i think.
    -Farewell...

4. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt Diabloii.Net Member

-Hes a WW barb, so he wont have any points in Frenzy. Also, he doesnt dual wield. He wont have any points in War Cry either.
    -Against Hammerdin, Leap. Due to the hidden knockback, hammerdins will get thrown into double hit recovery, giving you about a second and a half to ww his ass.
    -FoHlers= stack light res or go with a Wisp. Or both. Tele+ww should take care of most Fohlers...
    -BH is not blockable with shield blpck, only claw block and succesfully block it without taking dmg.
    -+mana charms are useless. I say take a few mana pots if you are a pubbie dueler. If you are a leaguer, then...no hope for mana :p

*Gosu-Hellbolt

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

Vs Foh pala: 4*topaz shield+tgod. Just let them whine, its only one res item and one absorb item :D
    Vs hammerdin: angelic set, Goreriders, and dual weild or go twohanded.

HoD

6. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you. :)

7. Arctickhan

I just trying to help and wat is your leap level?and is it giving bonus to ww?im an old guy i cant remember it.if it is in the first level it is useless too low radius you cant get close any hammerdins.hidden knockback radius is a tricked speciality more leap doesnt mean more knockback radius...leap is too slow and cant use frenzy speed either.frenzy-ww gives you better chance than leaping and tele+ww thing is usable but beware tele+hammer or tele+foh guys...while leaping players can hit you like on the ground and youre too slow for a hammer while in the air frenzy is usable for all barb builds just spend 3 points and increase it by items...and +80 mana charm is usable for most barbs i think... -.-
    note:ZepH had blocked a bh while having a fight against my cb without no takin dmg...just chance i think...

8. Leonhart

Leonhart Diabloii.Net Member

Hey man! If you made up your mind to deul a hammerdin, I have no word to say! But FOH din is possible to immune. First there is something wrong with your items. you must got a 4 sockets monarch with 4 perfect topaz in. Then your amulet should be the metalgrid which can give you defence and ar. You should wear 2 wisp rings and 1 thunder belt to make sure your lightning absorb. And your charm is irrational. Max dam/ar/life grand charm is desperately needed!!!As a barb, using an enchant club kinda ... Your ar is your adventage. Keep that in mind!!

9. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

No. You can't block a BH unless you're an assassin with Claw block.

10. Arctickhan

May taking dmg but im sure hes blocked tat attack then bend my char layin onto ground...

11. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

Again, no you can't.

12. Wurmer

Wurmer Diabloii.Net Member

He's right, beside assy( which can block pretty much any kind of attack with weapon block) not other character can block Hammers.

13. Arctickhan

-i dont want to disturb u sorry...may be i saw wrong...
    -and %fhr is too nice for your baba.ok.war cry is a bad idea but uve got stun skill already use tat.

14. Born2Pk

Born2Pk Diabloii.Net Member

Amazons can dodge hammers.

Assassins aren't the only ones.

15. G0su_Hellbolt

G0su_Hellbolt Diabloii.Net Member

Dodge and Block are different subjects altogether.

*Gosu-Hellbolt

16. semisonic9

semisonic9 Diabloii.Net Member

And lastly, a necros bone armor will negate all damag of the one attack that kills it, meaning u got one hammer u can take there as well. Other than that, it's gg for u.

17. Dutchgrass

Dutchgrass Diabloii.Net Member

Eh? Hammer is magical damage, Bone Armor absorbs physical only, so that does not apply.

Unless some radical change has been implemented since I quit d2 in favour of WoW.

18. Arctickhan

ow...im a fool sorry...i just take a look at forums and saw barbs have a great kn radius -if someone's right- but you cant get closer any hammerdins still.leap then knockback is fine but leap is too slow and hammerdin can spam more hammer while you in the air then charge away if he's a hybrid and leap may be fine for >tactical< usage against "pure" hammerdins...i apologizes to hellbolt for this...