Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EUL]Imbue

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by spigot, Nov 4, 2006.

1. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

[EUL]Imbue

Just looking for a guide to imbuing items in 1.11, the guide on dii.net is for pre 1.08. Is there an updated guide? If so why not *stamps foot* :rolleyes: and does anyone want to write one...

Failing that, could someone briefly explain to me what the best things, and best levels to imbue at are.

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

If you're trying to imbue specific modifer(s), such as MLD/LLD ones, then go to the Statistics forum for some numbers.

But, if you just want a quick summary, then:

1. Imbue with the highest level character you have.
    2. The best things to imbue are Circlets, followed by Class-Specific items, followed by Weapons/Boots, in my opinion.

Explanations:

If you imbue with a high level character, you increase the number of mods that can potentially spawn.

With Circlets, you want to roll +2 Class Skill, 20 FCR, Resist All, STR, DEX, Life, 2 Sockets, Faster R/W. Try to get as many of this mods as you can.

With Class-Specific items, target Druid Pelts, Sorceress Orbs, and Assasin Claws. Read up FAQs for what a godly Class-Specific looks like.

With weapons, you're hoping for Cruel + Additional ED and AR mod/Fool's, Quickness, and 2os specifically. All other mods are gravy, such as CtC Amplify Damage, +Max Dmg.

With boots, you're hoping for 30% Faster Run Walk, FHR, and high Fire, Lightning, and Cold resistances.

3. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Thanks that confirmed what I thought, but I thought there was supposed to be some kind of sweet spot around level 40 no?

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I've heard that imbuing Diadems (no less) is the way to go, since you can re-roll it with the 6 pskull formula with no loss of ilvl. I've just imbued a pretty decent Diadem (+2 pally, 18 dex, 17 life, 4 PDR) with my level 90 character and I was counting on that theory of the 6 pskulls so I can reroll it whenever I want to, to hopefully get something "godly".

So is it true, that Diadems retain their ilvl when rerolled with the 6 pskull formula? The one that lowers the ilvl of the item, the one without the SoJ involved (those things don't grow on trees, y'know).

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Assuming that we are talking about the Charsi quest reward here (which is normally meant with imbuing) and not the 6 pskulls recipe, you can only imbue an item three times per character, of course. Therefore I don't think it's worth to make high-level characters just for imbuing, as it's nothing more than a free rare item with an item level and base type of your choice.

If you want to imbue diadems (and only diadems... no circlets etc.), you can do that at any level and still get any possible mod, because of its high base quality level and magic level. That means, level up a character to L8 (minimum level for imbue quest reward), imbue the diadem and delete the character.

You probably have a few high-level characters with unused imbue quest rewards. For them, imbue as specified before.

For details about imbuing, have a look at the statistics forum where you will find several thread about imbuing and how the game assigns affixes to items. It depends on the item level (for imbuing it's the character level +4 IIRC), the base quality level and the magic level (if any). If you meant the 6 pskulls recipe, have a look there as well.

6. spigot

spigot IncGamers Member

Thanks, i think Im fairly clear now.