Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EU] Zeal smite PvP question

Discussion in 'PvP' started by ShikYaku, Apr 17, 2005.

1. ShikYaku

ShikYaku IncGamers Member

[EU] Zeal smite PvP question

i got a few questions. First i tell what i use and what skills i maxed.

I use:

* perfect fortitude wyrmhide
    * grief ph 386//38
    * exile with 45 res and 980 def
    * CoA with 2 ber
    * angelic amu and ring
    * 20dex//248ar raven
    * 40//15 verdungo
    * upped gore riders
    * dracul's
    * cta for life boost ofcoures :)

i maxed:

smite, holy shield, fana
    10 points into zeal, 10 into charge ( the charge dmg may come handy when charge to someone )
    and some into salvation and that kind of ****

str. 130
    dex uuh 120 ? just for max block
    vit: rest
    energy: none

First of all, is this build ok ? and my other question are:

Does ignore target defence on weapon also works for smite? if not, why everyone recommended grief for smiters? if not, why not use stone crusher then? better mods and dmg imo ( except for ignore target def ) and what about weapons like fury berzerker axe ?

* and how about demon limb. Does the enchant works on my shield ? if so, why does no one use it ?

what i want to know is, what can affect the dmg of smite. Is it weapon, armor, charms.

Thanks

2. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

enchant doesnt work on smite iirc.

reason ppl recommend grief is because of the +damage, which adds to your shield damage(you read that correctly, adds 400 damage to you min and max shield damage). this doesnt show in the character screen tho (lesson 1 in diablo 2: the character screen lies all the time)

furthermore, grief phase has enough speed to hit fastest breakpoint.

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread...ameplay&SearchType=2&SearchText=smite&x=0&y=0 that link might be useful to you :)

3. ShikYaku

thanks. Its very usefull :)

4. ShikYaku

still have a last question. I saw people got over 7K smite dmg. How the hell does they do that ?? i only got 2K and i want 3K or around that. How can i increase my dmg ?

5. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

They are most likely using Phoenix runeword elite pally shields that had base ed to begin with to achieve that kind of damage.

Smite is already itd, it is always itd and itb. This is one of the reasons why it is so powerful, it cannot be blocked and cannot miss due to AR/DEF. If your target is within range, you will always hit pretty much. The only exceptions being dual claw sins and zons with the dodge/evade/etc passives. Those will due quickly anyway if you get within range.

The reason why Grief is recommended has already been stated so I won't get into that. Just know that it adds a ton of damage even though it isn't shown.

Elemental damage is not carried over to smite and since smite needs no AR, enchant is of no use to a smiter.

If you want to max out your smite damage, drop the angelic stuff for more +skills gear. The +AR from angelics is useless of a smiter because of the itd nature of smite. BK rings and a Mara's or some other +skills ammy would increase your smite damage by quite a bit. +skills increase smite damage by alot since a single +1 skills item increases fanata, smite, and holy shield.