Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[eu]Those goddamn Bonedrummer bots

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Throttle, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

[eu]Those goddamn Bonedrummer bots

:mad: Everyone on Europe are probably familiar with the Bonedrummer bots. They join channels and games and spam something along the lines of "GET GODLY ITEMS AT www.something.com" in colours and all. This is of course annoying, but during the afternoon/evening, when the population is high, this is not so bad since you see them in games maybe every 20 minutes or so. They seem to join random games - but at nighttime, when the population is low and there's maybe 12 games on the list, they're an incredible nuisance. They will join the game every 30 seconds, sometimes two or even three at a time, and spam for several screens. I'm not sure how many of those bots that's actually circulating the battle.net, but right now there's 3 in my game. THREE. They spam with join/leave messages, their advertising, and they fill up game slots. Advertising in channels is everywhere and can be squelched/ignored. Somewhat manageable. But when they join games and distrubt the play and obviously detriment the playing experience of the gamers, it's way too much IMO.

Is there really nothing to do about these bots? Can they be banned? I'm almost tempted to go back to single-player. Last time I played, during 1.09, this did not happen ever. It's terrible that the player slots in your exp games get taken and duellers get distracted by whole screens of colors. Has Blizzard looked into banning these scoundrels?

2. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 Diabloii.Net Member

I would email the accounts responsible to blizzards technical support line, and they will then endevor to ban those bots, they have very strict policies regarding bots.

WOW is using many of their resources at the moment though - so I think its unlikely that you will see a huge change in the immediate future. However no doubt they will correct the problem in due time , as they have a good reputation to upkeep and I doubt they will let some bots ruin it.

3. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 Diabloii.Net Member

Create a game and PW it , this will stop them from invading your game :)

I would email the accounts responsible to blizzards technical support line, and they will then endevor to ban those bots, they have very strict policies regarding bots.

WOW is using many of their resources at the moment though - so I think its unlikely that you will see a huge change in the immediate future. However no doubt they will correct the problem in due time , as they have a good reputation to upkeep and I doubt they will let some bots ruin it.

4. Throttle

Throttle Diabloii.Net Member

Yea... I guess... :l

5. Hemmo

Hemmo Diabloii.Net Member

If I wan't to play public games, I'll usually make a game with that level limit. But I set it so, that everyone over 20 or so can join in. Bot-chars are usually <5 lvl so they wont show there.

6. Fearoth

Fearoth Diabloii.Net Member

Rofl.. blizzard wont do anything, ive been playing for 4-5 months this season and those bots still use the same account names, same char names too...Im seriously starting to think blizzard really cant be bothered or more likely cannot do ANYTHING to stop them.

7. ron

ron Diabloii.Net Member

I rarely see bot spammers in my games anymore. The reason for this is I either play in solo Passworded games, or pubby baal runs. If you get into a good string of baal runs, the game fills so fast the bots don't stand a chance.

I feel your pain.

8. zXz

zXz Diabloii.Net Member

the best solution is, as someone else mentioned, putting restrictions that are low enough that others can join and play but high enough that bots cant get in. And this one may not be good for that long since I have noticed some people actually lvled their bots up. at least in US east ladder. but so far not many have done it.

One thing I have noticed is these bots that go in the game, join the party, then stay in town in act1, say nothing and after about 10 seconds or later they leave. no clue what they are trying to accomplish. but cant be much.

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

He's right.... blizzard won't do crap even if you send them a pic of them spamming with color hack and a 20m long list of why you should ban that specific account.

Not only that, but that is a HUGE waste of your time. Don't you understand? Most spammers are Bots, and all those lvl 1's too, and all they are are programs. If you ban that specific account, not only does the company they're advertising for have like 200 more, they can just make a new account... POINTLESS in the end...

- Dennis

10. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

The reason for this btw is because if they join, and since many games are played in A1 for trading / dueling / etc. they don't type so the msg will show on top of your screen, but typing it with "!" sign in front so it appears above their heads. This obviously is much less annoying, and if you're not in act1, or not in the Rogue Encampment at all, you will not realize what the bot is doing.

- Dennis

11. Killer_sss

Killer_sss Diabloii.Net Member

speaking of which i had something wierd happen i had a spam bot who kept coming in and out of my game for 4 hours he spammed for 5mins left and was back in 3 the exact same bot was kinda strange.

12. zXz

zXz Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for explaining :).