Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EU ScL Season4] Gathering Troops v1.3 - TEST RUN TWO!!! i

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by helvete, Aug 27, 2006.

1. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

[EU ScL Season4] Gathering Troops v1.3 - TEST RUN TWO!!!

Allright, so I want to do another test run. If you are unsure about the concept, just read the tread "[EU ScL Season4] Gathering Troops v1.3 - TEST RUN ONE!!!"

But this time, I want two full parties. Reason: If some guys have to go, then we can just go on in one party when 8 guys are out. We'd catch up pretty quickly anyway.

There are some things we'll do right this time, which we did wrong the first run.

- We WILL have a goldfinder barb build for BO and find item, to get us more item drops and the BO we missed so much the last time. Later on, he will get us gold for gambling and will BO before baals (and hork the 5 bosses in the throne).
    - ONLY ONE person (the one with LEAST mf) gets to complete the baal quest until everyone is ready to move on to next diff. This person creates subsequent baal runs, thus making everyone else unable to complete the quest, and thus get quest drops every time. Only one or two should ever be matriarch/patriarch.
    - We don't stop at NM meph, NM baal is so much more rewarding.
    - Everyone makes at least 3 NM countess runs (that's 48 total with 16 ppl) once we go to NM. This will most likely result in runes enough to make the most important spirit and that first crap insight.
    - Everyone keeps their "designated" merc up to date (rehiring to keep their levels high) and equipped. Nothing tanks as good as 8 act 2 mercs with BO, oak, defiance, holy freeze, might and 5 prayer auras.
    - If anyone wants to make a hammerdin, I'll rather go with enchantress in the melee party. Big AR, big fire damage for everyone, and a point or two in static, free teleport.... so effective in a good party.
    - Imbue quests should ALL be saved for Circlets(clvl 83)/Coronets(clvl78)/Tiaras(clvl 71 IIRC)/Diadems(any clvl). With +2 skills those are good replacements for shakos.

Things we did right the first run:
    - Splitting up a bit in act 2 and 3 to go for quest items that are out of the way, this makes act 2 and 3 much much faster. Levelling is of no concern when in a full party.
    - Having a hammerdin maxing concentration and a zealer maxing fana as their first skills really really helps the party with killing power. In an elemental party, I'd venture the same goes for conviction and that 1 point lower resist.

- Everyone should plan their build, and aim for the cheapest runewords. Runes LEM and below make a lot of wonderful runewords. (Wealth (mage plate), Stealth(quilted;lightplate), Edge, Harmony(for merc vigor), Spirit(crystal swords from act 5norm before WSK gets 4soc from larzuk), Insight (any polearm that gets 4soc), Treachery, Myth(for +2 barb), White, Lore, Smoke, Obedience(eth pole for merc CB), Honor(Divine Scepters rock)

Anyway, signups go here, strategy questions should really go in the statistics forum, for more qualified input.

I've not set a start time this time, because I want your input on that matter. I am able to play 24/7 if it's close to as fun as last time!!!!

2. dasbomba

dasbomba IncGamers Member

HI helvete, I would like to join, before even reading the 1st test run.
    I need to get more friends in EU I have couple, and really needing more =D

you can contact me via PM login here almost everyday, or 3 times per week.

Sincerelly, Dasbomba

3. PhuQ

PhuQ IncGamers Member

As before, I´d like to play again with one small difference being (pure) blizzard soso instead of (pure) lightning soso.

As for playing time I´m perfectly fine with 24/7 , though at the beginning of the school year I´ll be able to play only like 2-3 hours per day but not above 8PM CET

4. dasbomba

humm, so IF I just pick the well balanced paladin, zealin with fanatiscm, but points in conviction too for caster helpin, in early game. Chaos is the only place that will get hard to melee.

I am from finland so the GMT is +2

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

We'll use accs with [S4] tag on them (mine, for instance, is *helvete[S4]) to separate them and reckognize each other. PhuQ, I have no idea when school starts, but in norway it's already started. No biggie, really, I guess we'll start out in a weekend, anyway. As soon as possible, but not until we have at least 16 people.

6. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

this sounds like fun, im game for it, fo sho, tho school starts next week 4 me, so the time ill have free dropps really low
    i would like 2 do another assa, kicker with traps, for those uber useful crowd control skills
    or an enchantress also sounds cool. would like 2 try1 of those,
    i think you missed, but i thinks is really helpful, the lionheart r/w, really useful armour would about see any char into hell baal.

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes I missed lionheart. Lotsa stats on it, good until you can get a torch.

Forgot to say that, torch hunting should start the moment the gear is ready for it. Paired with a good BO barb, a smiter can do uber trist with very little gear. Mine has around 2 ists worth of gear...

8. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

*nirlem[s4]
    ill be joining in again with any of the characters below.

Warcry barb (Could be fun)
    Windy (you know im good with this)
    Sorc(any kind) (my normal play character)
    trap assa (unkillable)
    fury/poison ama (cows anyone?)

This time i say, we dont wait for people that dont have time....
    when the ladder resets, i will be rushing for hell....3rd day latest i intend to be baal running in hell. (MFing/exping for myself when no full party)
    not hard for anyone to catch up if needed.

step by step gaming:

1: act1-5 normal (hellforges come in here)
    2: Baalruns
    3: NM act1
    4: NM countess (designated runs)
    5: NM act2-5 (hellforges come in here)
    6: NM baalruns
    7: Hell act1-5 (hellforges come in here)
    8: Hell baalruns (untill all are happy)

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Sure it wasn't NM countess ;)

Anyway, the windy you played last time was rock! Warcry barbs are fun, but hard (mana intensive as hell, and 1 mana per energy makes energy no option). Sorcs, amas and trap assas are more suitable for an elemental party (maybe we should try elements instead of physical/magic this time?)

10. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

edited mate, it was NM countess....
    i think we should have parties with all aspects covered in damage.
    cold/light/fire/poison/phys
    (dont forget we need tanks for the middle of minions)
    The summon necro made the game a nice place to be aswell! :p

11. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

Ideal party:

Hammerdin (Concentration)
    MF Barb (BO/FI/WC)
    Windy (Oak sage)
    Summoner (RS/SM/RM/CE/Revive+1/all curses+1)
    Zealot (Fanatism)
    Cold sorc (blizzard)
    Fire sorc (enchant?) replace with conviction pala? FoH
    Light dmg (Sorc/trapper/fury-poison ama)

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Actually, as long as there is a barb with maxed BO (and preferrably some focus on shout too) and a druid with maxed oak, there is no need for more tanks than the mercs (with defiance, shout, BO, oak, even a lvl 60 merc gets almost unkillable). Chop in 10-11 skeletons (even the weaker ones of a poison necro) and tanking is all set. The elemental party of my dreams looks a lot like this.

- Poison necro max posion w synergies, max skellies, start on mastery - rougue merc with bramble/edge
    - Avenger with maxed conviction, resist lightning/fire/cold/vengeance and 1pt salvation - Defiance merc
    - Enchantress - Insight/prayer merc
    - LF zon - Holy freeze merc
    - Frenzy barb (goldfind build) with maxed BO/Shout - Might/Pride merc
    - Cold sorc - any merc, pref another insight/prayer
    - Wind Druid (oak) - Yet another insight/prayer merc
    - Any char may fill in the last spot, pref a smiter (uber runs, fanaticism aura)

13. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

2 partys here elemental/physical

Elemental party:
    Barb (BO)
    Windy (Oak)
    Cold sorc
    Light sorc
    Fire sorc
    FO paladin (Conviction)
    Poison necro (LR/CE)
    Hammerdin

Physical party: Aimed at Ubers aswell
    Barb (BO)
    Windy (Oak)
    Zealot (Fanatism)
    Hammerdin (Conc)
    Necro (Amp/CE/Life tap/Terror)
    Meteorb (Tele)
    Avenger (Conviction)
    Zealot (Salvation)

Something like that! :)

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Physical party may do better with a fury wolf than with windy (upped ribcracker is cheap and reaches last BP with a 15%ias jewel in it)

Also, ubers are MUCH easier solo (lowest possible HPs) than in a full party. I'd BO the smiter, and hold the game for him to rejoin if he dies. About all the gear he needs is an elite shield with good resists and 4 pdia in it, a really fast weapon, a lifetap charged wand, and a little CB. With barbs BO he should have around 4k life, and with the resists from the shield, perhaps a duress armor, and fade (cast from treachery armor), Ubers no problem.

15. dasbomba

so it seems, I will go for zealot/fanatiscm. gear is what ever, cos you only need decent res shield/good wpn. so cheap build. =D

16. Gunityayo

Gunityayo IncGamers Member

When Is This Going To Happen ? I would Like To Join...This Is In
    Europe Right??...i might go over there just to tag along....im an experienced player...and might make a bone necro or somethin not sure

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I don't know if I dare to set a date just yet, because last time I set the date too soon, and we were too few in the end. But I don't want to set it too far either, because then people might lose interest...

Input is welcome. BTW, all builds work if only the 7 others play decently. However, a BIG thanks goes to those that choose to use battle orders, oak sage, curses, and auras to help the whole party prosper.

18. Gunityayo

Gunityayo IncGamers Member

Id Kinda Like To Start Now...I wanna Start A Player..Untwinked With a Group Of 7 And Juss play Like That ...But no one is playin..

19. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I'd love to start now too, but there are too few of us to fill even one party. I was hoping to initially fill up two parties (one elemental focused and one physical focused) and then just conjoin them if a lot of people drop out.

What time zone are you in, BTW? (and more important, does that matter?)

20. Nostavar

Nostavar IncGamers Member

I haven't been in the previous versions of this, but I'd be happy to join. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands, as long as it's not in the morning (since school will start for me again, soon).

I'll put some thought in what class/skills I will use (assuming I'm allowed to join in :p). I initially wanted to make a fanaticism zealot, but I see that spot is already filled by 'dasbomba'.