Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[EU SC L] Jewelers Tiara of the whale

Discussion in 'Trade Values' started by Cubannecktie, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Cubannecktie

Cubannecktie Diabloii.Net Member

Hi all,

i apperently registrated a long time ago (tried to make one now but emailadres was already in use) but never bothered to make a post (only reading them).

I have a few questions and hope to get some advice.

I found a jewelers Tiara of the whale today (3 socks 96 life). And i would like to trade the item. Apperently the item is worth quiet abit (understatement?).

Normally i only trade on the realm it self. But in this case it seemed wise to atleast ask the opinion of the experts!

Im concerned i end up with dupes or what ever and im not so sure on the price of the item. So i was hoping here someone could explain how to not end up with dupes and to get a fair deal out of the trade.

I hope someone could help me here to prevent the above and give me some advice.

Greets Cubannecktie

ps: i hope the topic is under the right subforum`
    edit: i am on ladder EU

2. Cubannecktie

To keep it simple:

PC please on Jeweler's Tiara of the whale (3 sox 43 def 96 life)

It is for trade on EU S Ladder

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's usually to be put into the thread title. I edited it accordingly.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you an accurate estimation, but I myself think that +life doesn't go well enough with 3 sockets to make it really valueble. For example, a CoA, a Giant Skull and an IK helm have two sockets and a couple of other awesome or at least useful variables.

My blind guess would be Ist and Im not sure if you will find a buyer. I might be wrong, but then I would like to know which character and which socketing would make it a good item.

4. Cubannecktie

I found a link where there was some kind of list (where they did use some kind of forum gold) and the number was quiet high compared to other valuable items i do know the price of.

I think amazons of some kind use it with some uber jewels in is 40ed/ias or something, maybe even FRW. I have no use for it myself at this point anyhow. Ill try to look into it!

edit: i think its used mostly for low level dueling, or getting retarded PDR or 2frame attack speeds with the item being very light and having no requirements and vanity (shows amazon hair etc). Not everyone sees the use for it in what i read so far. But i do know its pretty rare and thus "expensive" for the right (rich) buyer.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  5. krischan

Only tiaras and diadems can have 3 sockets and they have rather high level requirements, just like the jeweler's and the whale affixes, so that's not useful for low-level dueling. LLD characters probably use a 3 socket bone helm or so. Otherwise it's probably better for an amazon to have a 3 socket tiara/diadem with IAS, FHR or FRW, a nice rare with 1 or 2 sockets or Andariel's, Giant Skull, Mavina's or Griffon's instead plus a socket, depending on the kind of amazon.

With 2 fpa attacks, you probably refer to strafe, but there actually is no 2 fpa strafe (source... search for "2 frames"). It's only the animation which may go that fast while the arrows are actually shot at 3 fpa. Besides, strafe has a nextdelay of 4 frames (source) which means that after a strafe hit, subsequent ones are ignored on that opponent for that long. That would make 2 and even 3 frames strafing much less useful versus single targets. However, not everybody might know that which might have an influence on prices :).

Well, I might have gone a bit off-topic by explaining this, but it might still be nice knowing ;).

6. Cubannecktie

Thanks for your extensive reply! I like numbercrunching and mechanics of games :)

However i did a price check on the realm last night and got offered a few Hrs, a eth BOTD BA / HOTO. WIth my googling i stumbled on the store sites aswell, they go for 5$. (Not sure if i cant even mention that here, if so my appologies, i would never use such a site)

The LLD is out of the question for sure. My second third or fourth guess would be to hit certain breakpoints (with other gear in other slots free'd up) or the vanity aspect in combination whith either the above maybe old version jewels.

Thanks again

Edit: i sold it today for 4 Hr's :-D Happy me

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  7. krischan

Congrats! I don't know current HR prices, so perhaps it's easier to get 4 HRs that what would be better than your tiara. You could drop prubies into it, making it a tiara with +210 life :D.

You could have asked the buyer what he will do with it, but perhaps he just hopes to find another buyer who will pay even more. That would be what a call a speculation bubble :).

8. Cubannecktie

The buyer had some weird name, wouldnt be suprised if it was somekind of site related guy. He quickly left anyhow.

Maybe time will tell :)