Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ettin axe

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Wolfedude, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Ettin axe

I have just found a 5 os Ettin Axe(the unique) and started thinking about playing a fast attack bear. I have rarely played druids and am unsure about playing them but it seems after reading some of the guides that fast attack is what is important. So what about a bear using the Ettin Axe loaded with 5 Shaels? Along with a 20IAS pair of gloves it would seem that you could hit the lowest breakpoints for speed and still deal a great deal of damage.

Is this correct? Has anybody tried this?

Thanks for your replies.

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: Ettin axe

Well, the damage will be nice, plus it'll free up a ring slot, but even with 5 shaels, it will only hit 7 frame maul, and that's with other IAS on gear. That's just too slow IMO (and I'd even complain at 6 fpa unless the damage was REALLY stellar).

3. Wolfedude

What about the Razor's Edge Tomahawk?

4. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Ew as well.

5. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

Are you poor? Shaeled death cleaver i think is 7 frame and has massive damage for a cheap unique. Hunger is gonna be faster, thats more of a main attack no?

6. Wolfedude

I play hardcore and do not have access to HRs and was hoping to make a character that could dish out the damage quickly. I do have a Ribcracker.....

7. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

Then use a shaeled ribcracker.
    Its THE weapon for shapeshifters:wink:.
    There probably are 'better' weapons for bears, but they are pretty costly/hard to find.

Leave Razor's Edge to frenzy barbs, or zealots(SP ones:tongue:)
    A bear will only hit 8 frame maul/7 frame hunger with it.

You can hit a 7 frame maul with a shaeled upped ribcracker, and that's decent.
    another good pretty cheap alternative is a eOath in a Feral Axe. Massive damage, and you can get a 6 frame maul with that one.
    You could also try gambling large axes hoping either for high dmg/40% IAS/2 sockets rare that you could upgrade to a feral axe and that would net you a 5 frame maul with 2xshaels, or a cruel feral axe of quickness that larzuk could get 2 sockets.

another option is trying to shop a cruel champions axe of quickness again hoping that larzuk makes to sockets in it.(that one is shoppable, right? ) this one gets 5 frame maul too.

8. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

That one is shoppable from hell Charsi, though I don't think the ferals are. If you're really looking for a two hander with speed and sick damage (by speed I mean no less than 5 fpa), go with a 3 socket non-eth Tomb Reaver (also helps the res), then get 50% IAS on other gear. This is easy enough with usual shapeshifter gear, i.e. Highlord's (20%), Bloodfist (10%), an IAS jewel in the helm/armor, and a belt, or one in the helm and one in the armor. You could use crafted gloves too, for more CB, but I love the FHR on Bloodfists, not to mention the huge life. That pig-sticker will get 5 fpa maul, and do really nice damage, while buffing res and even MF.