Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

etitan vs regular titan cs/lf javazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by whyhack, Jul 22, 2010.

1. whyhack

whyhack Banned

etitan vs regular titan cs/lf javazon

Is etitan worth the cost because I hear that your damage comes from lightning and not physical damage so the extra base physical damage wouldnt really be worth it. Is this not the case because I'd prefer to not waste my hrs for a negligable increase in damage.

2. taxcut

taxcut IncGamers Member

3. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: etitan vs regular titan cs/lf javazon

The tradeoff is not really in DPS, because as you say most of your damage is lightning...

Advantage of eth titans: more physical damage means better leeching damage, and faster Jabbing vs LIs

Disadvantage of eth titans: more expensive; cannot replenish quantity by repairing, so when your javs run out you have to just wait for them to self-replenish

If you're not having serious mana issues, and you run areas where you use LF a lot (and thus use up your quantity) then I'd probably advise against eth titans...its annoying when you run out of ammo and there's no way to reload except to wait and wait.

Also, unless you're NL, I dont think an eth titans will cost you "hrs"

4. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

People like the physical damage and ll from the java but javas do not hit much but still nice to have.

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Imo: non eth > eth

This because the waiting for the eth ones to self-rep is really annoying. It goes alot faster to make a quick tp to town and repair them for 1gold.

6. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

It's the never ending dilemma between convenience and maxing out killing power.

7. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

You could keep 2 eth javs and use one while the other one self-repairs.

Phys dmg on titans is so crap to begin with though, I just use non-eth ones so I can repair it and use a spear on switch to jab with. You could even make cta in a zon spear so you have BO and a light immune solution in one.

8. MFDeath

MFDeath IncGamers Member

Seriously, running out of javs has never been an issue for me... I don't know if you guys just spam LF like it's the last time you get to play, but if you pick your throws vs packs only and use CS for loners you should never run dry. And if you actually manage to run out the solution is simple, as mentionned--just keep a spare.
    Anyway eth is more for show since the only benefit is higher phys dmg and thus leech (when it hits), while phys is like 5% of your total dmg output (except for jab). Also, it shouldn't cost you "hrs", especially at this point in the ladder. Regardless, I think eth is worth it if you can afford it, but maybe hold on to your old one as backup if you lack self restraint :p

9. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

I second this ^

I use CS more often than LF to save mana (no insight, mana leech on gloves only)