Ethereal?

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal?

Generally, are Ethereal Hoto/Occy/CasterTypeWeapons Worth more than their non-ethereal counterparts? Recently I made an ethereal Hoto, turned out to be 38. Someone said its value dropped because it's ethereal. If that is the case I'll learn from my mistake and stop mourning over it. Any help will be appreciated thanks :lol:

CameronFoster

Diabloii.Net Member
That does not decrease value because it will not lose dur, because it is a caster weapon. Any weapon or armor intended for a merc is worth more etheral. Generally cta and hotos are worth the same, if not more, if etheral.

rg_22uk

Diabloii.Net Member
The charges on a hoto are never really used and you will never need to repair it (as long as you dont hit stuff with it). Therefore an eth hoto is generally valued slightly higher then normal ones as they look cooler. That is why 4 socket eth flails are also worth more then normal ones.

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know. I play on West Ladder. Well i tried auctioning it on the forums and the highest offer i got was ber+ist. I agreed, but the went on to "find out" its true value online. Some guy offered me a +4bo cta, he says t/o is jah+3ist(dunno the value of ctas). well i really dont know whether i should break the trading ettiquette(sp?). well i feel really bad if i traded it away. i pm'd that guy and hopefully he allows me to continue searching for higher offers..

prices might be a little different, I'm on USeast ladder. but ber ist sounds kind of lowball. you'd probably be getting the better end of the deal on a +4 CTA. or if etheral is slightly more valuable to some people (it's not to me) it would be an even trade.

that said, you might want to ask in the trade value forum to be sure

http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel it too. Btw in west ladder one high = ist+2um. prices are dropping now i think, i see gul for 2um ==> vex for 4um = istum

i dunno i feel im getting too little for my hoto.

Sh4dovv

Banned
eth caster weapons are always worth more

on west non-lad, 40 hoto = 6 hi's

40 eth hoto = 15

2.5 times the price of non-eth