Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ethereal War pike for BOTD - Questions to Rikstaker

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Decebal, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Ethereal War pike for BOTD - Questions to Rikstaker

Hi!

I was wondering isnt eth warpike the best weapon to make BOTD for a duall ww barb for the damage output? I read Rikstaker stickied WW-bible :D but i was a little confused and i'm unsure if the weapon reaches the lwbp! :confused:

Since the base speed for warpikes are 20 and the bonus ias from BOTD is 60 ias that would make the weapon have 40 ias. Is this enough to reach the lwbp?

Compared to Eth great poleaxe the average damage output from eth warpike is an addtional of 20 more damage points! Should not this weapon be the best UBER weapon to make a WW barb using BOTD into? If this weapon doesnt reach lwbp on its own is it enough to use highlords to compensate the need for more ias?

Thx in advance!

/Dec

2. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

I know i am not called rikstaker, but a botd wp doesnt reach second ww breakpoint. the breakpoint for 2handed weapons are -60 and as you say you are only at -40. and only weapon ias matters for ww speed so there is no way to compensate for the lacking ias inform of outside ias.

3. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

The lwbp for 2 handers is -60. Eth BotD doesn't hit this, and an eth GPA has much higher dps for this reason. They will both hit on frame 4 and 8 (all weapons do) but after that the weapon speed kicks in and the warpike will hit at 6 frames while the GPA will hit at 4.

4. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

Dec: the guys are right, war pike wont' reach the last bp. Go for an eth great poleaxe botd if you want the ultimate in 2 handers. Just so happens that I made a thread on this not too long ago. If you are interested I have a spare botd eth great poleaxe. If you want to see one in action, look me up as i'm currently building my guy and he is lvl74 now or so.

@rik: dude, we gotta meet up so you can check my poleaxe barb out. You are not going to believe his weapon's stats.

*chaca1
    *chaca2
    *chaca8611

5. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

@dec:Read the ww basics/delivery/wias section. Looks like u missed the table. :uhhuh: .Everyone above is right,gpa outperforms warpike by virtue of more attacks.6 vs 4.

@chaca:Sure,I am on early morning 6-9 am.

Rik

6. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

@Chaca and Rik - I read the guide concerning ias. I was a little confused or must have missed the text were it was explained that only IAS on weapon matters to reach the lwbp. I got confused since i saw this guy using a BOTD made in eth warpike and according to arreat summit it dealt more damage than eth greatpoleaxe. Now i understand that eth warpike is not the weapon to use! Thx both of you for explaining and clarifing that to me! :D

@chaca - Sure it would be awesome to see your poleaxe ww barab in action!
    By the way where do u play? On Europe Ladder or in on of the US east/weast ladder? I play on ladder Europe only... :(

I'm usually online after 17.00 CET but for certain after 20.00 CET almost every night!

/Dec