Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+8 Lightning Absorb
20% Chance to cast Level 18 Tornado on striking
15% Chance to cast Level 10 Static Field on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

mr hamster

Diabloii.Net Member
Not necessarily...off the topic of my head i can come up with a couple of builds that it can benefit:
1) Blade Fury Sin (actually i think the ed will help, just not much)
2) Heh...tha's all i got for now, but basically any class that uses proc skills without attacking with the lash

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you loose durabilty when in wereform? If not that's a possible use for it, but there are weapons that are better though. :grin:

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on your playstyle, and the ruleset you've chosen for yourself. If you're playing untwinked, sinlge clears with a fanatic zealot and that drops on your way to kill Baal, it would have to be the most useful drop I could imagine.

If you are playing a MF sorc who is running Meph twice a minute... the weapon is really really pointless.

Neat thing about D2... people play the game as it suits them.

Llathias

Banned
First, it's rather rare, so should be tradable for something good to an ethereal grailer.

Second, it's probably the best (realistic) BF weapon out there.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
I was able to smite with a zero durability (non-eth) Stormlash on my hammerdin. The durability counter read zero but it wasn't redded out, and I could unequip and re-equip it just fine. When I equipped it, it still showed up on my character model and I still got the CB and CtC static when using Smite. If I landed an attack with zero durability Stormlash using something other than Smite, it'd break immediately; it wouldn't show up on my character model, I'd lose the stats, the durability would show in red, and once I unequipped it I couldn't re-equip it until it was repaired. So it seems like as long as it hits zero durability while you're using it for Smite, you can continue using it for Smite as long as you don't use it for anything else.

Edit: Not that there's any particular benefit to using an eth weapon for Smite, but if you don't have a regular Stormlash then knock yourself out.

Psywire

Diabloii.Net Member
mmm you may not have use for it... but I do :D
No Zod unfortunately.. but I would like to add an eth Stormlash to my collection- do you have a link to ur ISO somewhere?

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
It's still an awesome weapon for a Dragon Talon build. As mentioned it's good for Blade Fury assassins, perhaps the best weapon in the game.