Ethereal Ribcracker + Druid?

Corale

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal Ribcracker + Druid?

I found a Ribcracker today and it had 205% ED. For some reason I thought that was good, but was soon brought back to earth :) I looked through my other ones and found this:

Code:
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: 77 to 220
Durability: 116 of 116
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 31
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb6ae51b2
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
[highlight]+298% Enhanced Damage[/highlight]
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
[highlight]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)[/highlight]
Is there something cool I can do if I up it? My first thought was feral druid, but I'm not sure that doesn't hurt the durability. Does it? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Chairnick

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Ethereal Ribcracker + Druid?

Mother of god. Upgrade, Zod it, atmabug it and put 40/15 in it. Voila, the best weapon in game, hands down (I believe it has around 700 avg damage. Add CB on top of that...).

Frowzor

Diabloii.Net Member

According to my calculations, upped, zodded, bugged and 40/15'ed it would do 640 average damage per hit. But that would really depend on what you wanted to do with it. Whirlwinders need the extra 5%IAS from Shael to go from 6fpa to 4fpa. Fury wolves do like the 40/15 idea though.

If you don't have a Zod, you should definitely auction it. I know I'd bid on it.

baqarah

Diabloii.Net Member

First of all congratulations! 298% ed. My eth ribby has ... 202ed. You probably cant imagine how jelous I am right now ;)

Here you have my thoughts about an eth ribby.

There are some things you can do with eth weapons. Blade fury and kicks dont lower durability of the weapon, so I think assa is the way to go.

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member

Blade fury and kicks dont lower durability of the weapon, so I think assa is the way to go.
Well, Blade Fury gets funked by the fact that it is 2-handed, and Kicks don't benefit from the huge damage, so they're not as impressive as you might think.
Really, without a Zod the ethereal Ribcracker is not good for much.

baqarah

Diabloii.Net Member

CB still works this both fury and kicks. Huge ribby's damage also would help when using fury.
I have to agree - its not the best weapon, but every other skill uses durability up.

Too bad I play selffound, I would give a fortune for that ribby.

Frowzor

Diabloii.Net Member

baqarah: Blade Fury damage gets cut by half if you use a 2-hander (3/8 instead of the regular 3/4).

Even if you did decide to use that anyway, you could do the same thing better with an eObedience CA which does just as much damage, almost as CB, and a bunch of other tasty mods as well.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

Zodding it would actually be a bit of a waste. ...
You see, it is all because of BOTD. The damn runeword still does more DPS, even than a perfect eth ribbie.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

My eth ribby is onlt 218%. :(

zrk: Well, BOTD has no CB. There's something. Also, it doesn't make a satisfying THWACK! (Unless it's in a staff, I assume.)

Ashmer Amadeus

Diabloii.Net Member

You see, it is all because of BOTD. The damn runeword still does more DPS, even than a perfect eth ribbie.
All of the substance, none of the style. If Trav coughs up a second Cham rune I'd Zod that bad boy in a heart beat.

o1d_dude

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow!

I always thought my eth Ribby was pretty hot but 298% pwns mine...

Code:
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: 76 to 215
Durability: 116 of 116
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 31
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6b320e6a
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
[FONT="Arial Black"]+2 8 5 % Enhanced Damage[/FONT]
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
[FONT="Arial Black"]E t h e r e a l (Cannot be Repaired)[/FONT]

Corale

Diabloii.Net Member

If I would get a Zod, and nowadays you never know I suppose, it would probably go into this, to make a kick *** feral druid, something I've always wanted to do. But I wouldn't ATMA-bug it, I don't like that bug. For 1-handers I recently made Death and my first Lo will go into a grief, which between the two of them should cover most other melee needs.

nex

Diabloii.Net Member

BOTD... what a cliche. Zods are made for eth Tomb Reavers and Ribbys. :cool: