Ethereal or ED Jewel?

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a Stormlash and i am just wondering which would do more damage, a perfect 300% ED Stormlash with a 40% ED and +15 to max Dmg Jewel, or an Ethereal Stormlash with a Zod Rune? If someone could clear this up would be much appreciated.

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if you go with the eth option, you also get lower requirements and don't have to worry about repairs. So even then, the small damage difference wouldn't make up for the former.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, good luck finding eth stormlash in the first place.

Of course the ethereal do more average damage. The average base dmg is 166 with perfect ED roll.

The 40% ED jewel increases ED from 300% to 340% which can be seen as a 13,33% dmg multiplier on the weapon
(166 + 7,5)1,1333 = 196,633

Perfect rolled, Eth Stormlash, the base damage gets increased by 50%, before the 300% ED mod
thus the avg dmg on eth stormlash is 249

Anyway, a huge chunk of the total dmg output of stormlash (and basically any melee char in Hell) is from crushing blow

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, good luck finding eth stormlash in the first place.

Of course the ethereal do more average damage. The average base dmg is 166 with perfect ED roll.

The 40% ED jewel increases ED from 300% to 340% which can be seen as a 13,33% dmg multiplier on the weapon
(166 + 7,5)1,1333 = 196,633

Perfect rolled, Eth Stormlash, the base damage gets increased by 50%, before the 300% ED mod
thus the avg dmg on eth stormlash is 249

Anyway, a huge chunk of the total dmg output of stormlash (and basically any melee char in Hell) is from crushing blow
Thanks a lot these were the numbers i was looking for!

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot these were the numbers i was looking for!
its not hard to derive them yourself. basic math.

EDIT: even I do some stupid mistakes sometimes though :p

The 40% ED jewel dmg will make the weapon deal 440% dmg compared to 400% so this is the avg dmg from the +15/40%ED jool

166*440/400 + 7,5 = 190,1

Last edited: