Ethereal grail status tables

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal grail status tables

Just another crazy idea, how big is your ethereal collection? Do something with those ethereal items you're not going to use, and count them.
Since a number of items can not be ethereal, they're not included here. The only items which can be ethereal are armours and melee (and throwing) weapons, set items can not be ethereal, so are not included here. Some items (all elite) always spawn ethereal:
Ethereal Edge (silver-edged axe)
Ghostflame (legend spike)
Shadow Killer (battle cestus)
Wraith Flight (ghost glaive)
the first column contains the normal ethereal items remaining, the second the exceptional, the third the elite, the fourth class-specific, the fifth items that always spawn ethereal, and the sixth the total. To help you determining the numbers, after subtracting bows, crossbows, and always ethereal items were necessary, there are 105 normal items, 107 exceptional items, 77 elite items, 24 class-specific items, and 4 items that always spawn ethereal, for a total of 317 items. These numbers apply to 1.10, I don't know how much they change for other versions. If you post here, please preview to see you get the columns alligned.
Code:
                 Self-found Ethereal Grail
Name               nor  exc  eli  cls  alw  total
Sir Lister of Smeg 079  098  077  023  002    279

TenYearsGone

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir LiS - Not a bad idea at all. I keep a stash separate for this purpose, but it's really thin. I think I have about 10 - 15 included the 'always ethereal' categories.

ricrestoni

Diabloii.Net Member
Remember also that all those indestructible non-eth, like the phase blades, stormshield, grandfather, and also all bows, crossbows and jewelry can never be ethereal. As soon as we have a compilation of how many items are we talking about, I will post my numbers.

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
ricrestoni said:
Remember also that all those indestructible non-eth, like the phase blades, stormshield, grandfather, and also all bows, crossbows and jewelry can never be ethereal. As soon as we have a compilation of how many items are we talking about, I will post my numbers.
I did take the bows and jewelry into account (actually leaving these numbers out of the total numbers of items), but did not know about the indestructable ones, since some items that always spawn ethereal have the indestructable modifier, I thought it would be possible for other items which have the indestructable affix to spawn ethereal (bows, crossbows and jewelry never have any modifier relating to durability, whereas a phaseblade has indestructable stated on the item). Are you sure a phaseblade can never spawn ethereal? (that I've never seen one is irrelevant, I've never seen a stormshield either, real or ethereal)

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
There was a thread here about this recently. Consensus was, that indestructible items cannot spawn ethereal (unless some uniques with "allways spawn ethereal" property), so no eth phase blade drop, no eth Shaefer's Hammer etc...

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, what was the cause of the concensus, did someone check the coding? I'm 99% sure that this is not the case for items with the related modifiers repairing and replenishing.

Anyway, here's a list of indestructable items (all elite unless stated otherwise) I looked up in the meantime, and below that revised numbers.
Azurewrath (phase blade)
Butcher's Pupil (cleaver, exceptional)
Crown Of Ages (corona)
Doombringer (champion sword)
Leviathan (kraken shell)
Lightsabre (phase blade)
Schaefer's Hammer (legendary mallet)
Steel Pillar (war pike)
Stormshield (monarch)
Stormspire (giant thresher)
The Cranium Basher (thunder maul)
The Gavel Of Pain (martel de fer, exceptional)
The Grandfather (colossus blade)
Tyrael's Might (sacred armour)
Wizardspike (bone knife)

Assuming I counted correctly (I listed the names so someone can check), this would lead to the revised numbers of ethereal capable items:
normal 105
exceptional 105
elite 64
class specific 24
always ethereal 4
total 302

edit: Remember, I did already discount bows, crossbows, jewelry, and set items earlier on, only unique armours, melee, and throwing weapons are taken into account (i.e. are capable of spawning ethereal (and are measured here as opposed to ethereal cracked sashes))

And the revised table:

Code:
Sir Lister of Smeg 079  096  064  023  002    264

ricrestoni

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
[i]total number       105  105  064  024  004    302[/i]
ricrestoni         073  086  060  024  002    245
Sir Lister of Smeg 079  096  064  023  002    264

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
i'll join too, got to find the time and space to scratch the bottom of my stashes, i'm so curious what amount of the above mentioned will pop out.

peace, NSK factory, and don't forget biscuits for smut

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Found two more, hawkmail and carin shard, I've yet to find a real version of the latter.

Code:
[i]total number       104  105  064  024  004    301[/i]
Sir Lister of Smeg 077  095  064  023  002    261
Edit: just thought about the fact that the azurewrath crystal sword might somehow compromise the numbers, and it does indeed, the total number of normal unique items which can be ethereal in 1.10 is 104, not 105. Since I don't know whether Ricrestoni has an ethereal azurewrath crystal sword, I'm not changing his numbers, just the total and mine.

Stony

Diabloii.Net Member
This may not be the right thread for it, but I found an ethereal Demonhead during a Meph run the other day. Would anyone like it for their grail?

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 505
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x1e557b4
+29 to Strength
+118% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
10% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (8/20 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Stony

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Stony said:
This may not be the right thread for it, but I found an ethereal Demonhead during a Meph run the other day. Would anyone like it for their grail?

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 505
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x1e557b4
+29 to Strength
+118% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
10% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (8/20 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Stony
I dunno, since my grail is softcore, and I'm far from even thinking about starting a hardcore one, let alone an ethereal hardcore one, I'm in no rush to trade (or get for free), which I will probably do when starting a hardcore version. In short, I'm not interested, but maybe someone else is, btw it might be quite good on a mercenary - not to say downright godly, just need to get fire res (and lightning and cold if lacking) and cannot be frozen from other items, the high level poison nova should be nice since your mercenary should be getting hit a lot, increased attack speed and life leach aren't too bad either, +2 to skills is then just an added bonus to top it off. I'd advice you to keep it, and put it on a mercenary (act II or act V).

Stony

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
I'd advice you to keep it, and put it on a mercenary (act II or act V).
That sounds like a plan. Masks of all flavors seem to go well on mercenaries; I know I can't stand the way they look on my character.

Stony

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
c'mon guys a major bump on this one and adding myself in here obviously

Code:
[i]total number       104  105  064  024  004    301[/i]
factory            079  079  053  018  000    229
Sir Lister of Smeg 077  095  064  023  002    261

did the deed of scratching the bottoms of my stashes for more than an hour, i'll tell ya, anyway i think i did it without mistakes you know, if you have a major grail stash you naturally have one big eth too

note - lister, your total numbers are right afaik

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
TenYearsGone said:
Question here - Are the numbers you put in the table how many you have or how many you need?

it's how many you need basicaly, but maybe lister would mod the table one day and reverse it indeed

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
Okay, what was the cause of the concensus, did someone check the coding? I'm 99% sure that this is not the case for items with the related modifiers repairing and replenishing.
Indestructible items can never get the ethereal flag, unless they get it forced onto them.

ricrestoni

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Indestructible items can never get the ethereal flag, unless they get it forced onto them.
... which are 4:

Wraith Flight (throwing stick)
Ethereal Edge (axe)
Ghostflame (uber rare dagger)
Shadow Killer (claw)

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Wraith Flight isn't Indestructible. :teeth:
Wraith Flight
Ghost Glaive

Throw Damage: (112-130) To (317-368) (214.5-249 Avg)
One-Hand Damage: (70-81) To (225-261) (147.5-171 Avg)
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 79
Required Dexterity: 127
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
Max Stack (75)
+150-190% Enhanced Damage (varies)
9-13% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
+15 To Mana After Each Kill
Replenishes Quantity [1 in 2 sec.]
Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired)*
(Ladder Only)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

*Notes

Wraith Flight: This item is always Ethereal but doesn't need to be repaired.

Doesn't this infer Indestructibility? :scratch: