Ethereal Gimmershred

-Zebi-

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal Gimmershred

I found the thing a few weeks ago, looked nice but I didn't think much of it. Now that I've gotten pretty fed up with my hammerdin and didn't want to create the zillionth zealot either, I found a nice guide for a 1.1 Avenger and I first though about Famine but then remembered the little cute weapon.

Gimmershred
Throw Damage: 64-290
One-hand Damage: 73-284
Required Dexterity: 98
Required Strenght: 78
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
30% Increased Attack Speed
193% Enhanced Damage
Adds 218-483 Fire Damage
Adds 29-501 Lightning Damage
Adds 176-397 Cold Damage
Ethereal (Cannot be repaired)
(unsocketed)

I think it has more attitude than Famine, but then again what do I know :yep: ? So I turn to you experts :worship:

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal + throwing weapon without replenish quantities= not so good... the weapon will run out in very little time IMHO... you could use a normal version of that weapon and save the ethereal one for act bosses, it will eventually run out but at least that way you use the most out of it(the bigger physical dmg of the weapon translated into bigger elemental dmg when used with vengeance...)

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Keep in mind that ethereal throwing weapons do lose durability in the form of quantity. Every now and then (just like dura) you lose some quan , even if you don't throw it. It's more or less a hidden durability for throwing weapons.

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
He, that is another way to put what i said about it eventually running out :p... but i think that what we forgot to tell him was that Throwing weapons cannot be socketed...

Ethereal (Cannot be repaired)
(unsocketed)

Yup we forgot that :p :)

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Keep in mind that ethereal throwing weapons do lose durability in the form of quantity. Every now and then (just like dura) you lose some quan , even if you don't throw it. It's more or less a hidden durability for throwing weapons.
If you consider quantity as durability on throwing weapons, that durability will deplete at 1/3 of the rate of a regular weapon IN MELEE. Since the stack is 200 something the weapon should last you a dozen games at least.