Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ethereal Ethereal Edge Silver Edged Axe - what to do? ifra

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Neoblitz, May 17, 2005.

1. Neoblitz

Neoblitz IncGamers Member

Ethereal Ethereal Edge Silver Edged Axe - what to do?

Hi All

I've been lurkign in these forums for quite a while now..and I guess finding this weirdly named item brought me out of lurkdom =D...

I was just wondering..coudl I make a decent druid out of this item? It is indestrutable and has pretty good damage (200-500 something). Any and all suggestions will be appreciated .. thanks! =D

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It's a decent weapon for a Fury druid...if you shael it you'll get a 9/5 Fury. A maul bear could also reach 8 frames rather easily, but there are definitely better weapons for him. Ethereal Edge is an okay weapon but nothing special, except for the cool ethereal look.

3. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

Yes, that works fine for a Fury Werewolf in Hell, with a Shael it hits 5frame Fury... I used a Shaeled Ethereal Edge in most of Hell until I found the IK Maul.

By the time you reach Hell don't forget to have a solution to handle PIs. Like elemental equipment on weapon-switch or Decrepify/Amp on your Merc or something.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

just to clarify. ethereal edge silver edge axe is always ethereal and indestructible, so nothing special with the one you have. However, it has nice looks, and has some decent damage too. fury is what to do if a druid.

in 1.10 they made 3 (right?) uniques that are always both eth and indestructible. (ethereal edge, shadow killer (battle cestus), and ghostflame (legend spike). :teeth:

5. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

ît's probably a top choice for fury/maul you can probably get for free in this forum. so if you're poor, nothing wrong with using the eth edge :)

6. BodomSaint

BodomSaint IncGamers Member

It's a lil slow, but if you socket a shael rune in it, you'll reach a 5 frame Fury. don't bother with fire claws though, it's too slow for that ;)

7. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

I am a big fan of this weapon and have a one with perfect damage with 340+ ar . It has a cool look being etheral and you never have to repair it. Shael it like everyone said and use it for pvm. With the ar boost and low requirements, you can easily make a base dex fury wolf.

8. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

that unique ghost glaive (wraith flight) is also always eth

9. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

aw, right. never really found or owned it though ;)