Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ethereal Baranars Star Good for Pvp?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MastaLocust, Mar 11, 2004.

1. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

Ethereal Baranars Star Good for Pvp?

was wondering now adays since ar is big issue if eth zoded baranars would suit a ww barb well with the incredible 200% ar boost

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Would suit it pretty well if you got nothing better, only downside is low range (only 2) and kinda weak phys dmg, but its actually not that bad for ias, elemental dmg, ar bonus. use it if thats all you got.

3. World Breaker

World Breaker IncGamers Member

for pvp i dont think this weapon is too good if u want it cos of the elemental dmg cos msot ppl have max all res and absorbs, however the attack rating bonus is v nice and with eth the physical dmg aint too bad either so its ok but i think if ur lucking for barb vs barb then u should use a wepaon with more physical dmg cos then ur mastery and skill bonus (ww dmg bonus etc.) will more of an effect saying that only 1/6 physical dmg in pvp whereas the elememental is 1/4 and with 75res you still may get 50 dmg of each element through if u got lucky so this weapon could work well. lol i changed my mind but theres a messed up opinion for you anyway hope it helps.

4. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

Baranar's is a good Pally weapon, especially since you can now safely Zod an ethereal one. The Elemental Damage is also affected by Deadly Strike (unless that have changed in 1.10). Which means tons of extra damage. Not to mention hefty AR and IAS bonus.

However, a Barb can easily use a range 3 weapon, and one with higher physical damage. I would definetly recommend doing so.

PvM wise, dual baranar's with Frenzy wouldn't be too shabby.

As a small offspring, dual 1.08 baranar's, in conjunction with 1.08 arkaine's and harlequin crest would easily give you more than 10K life, deasant physical and with Frenzy to top that, a fast running, speed swinging maniac was hard to stop in the area of PK / PvP. Now a days, a dueller without a shield is pretty lost...

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Whoh whoh whoh WHAT THE HELL!? Since when is ANY kind of elemental damage boosted by deadly strike. I never heard this anywhere in 1.09 and have not heard it in 1.10 from all of my forum reading.

6. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

its a good, and pretty cheap pally weapon.

7. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

http://www.diabloii.net/items/modifiers/special-modifiers.shtml

So yeah, it's a pretty fair pally weapon.