Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth War Spike good 4 ebotd??

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by sgriffin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. sgriffin

sgriffin IncGamers Member

Eth War Spike good 4 ebotd??

I know that I read here like maybe a year ago a thread about eth war spike vs eth zerker for ebotd. I could't find it but I was just wondering if eth war spike is a good pick for ebotd. I don't see people on bnet asking for them so they must not be all that popular but I was just wondering.

Thx
    Griff

2. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

War spikes have a five-level/strength/dexterity lower requirement along with a ten-point faster attack speed, but have one lower range and significantly less damage. BotD adds an incredible amount of ED, but its +40%IAS is usually enough on a berserker axe to reach minimum frames per attack with little help. Since the Zod makes it RLvl69, only the extra ten attribute points are an advantage, and most people have enough bonuses to account for that to gain high block and defense.

It all depends on the exact purpose for it, but comparing the two flat up for BotD there's really no contest.

3. sgriffin

sgriffin IncGamers Member

Thx for the info. I have made one ebotd in a eth war spike some time agot, and I guess I still feel ok about it because I figure its better or as good as a non eth zerker one. But yeah I prob won't make any more in them.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Actually it's 60% IAS.

5. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Ah, a typo or I just wasn't thinking. All the more reason to use a slightly slower weapon, though.