Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth upped Headstriker Viable Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jimmyjimmy, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy IncGamers Member

Eth upped Headstriker Viable Zealot?

I recently found an eth Headstriker. I will upgrade it because ive always wanted one, and i can afford to zod it if i want, what im wondering about is the time investment on making a zealot. Is this weapon viable? (im thinking about speed mostly). I will likely pvp, but probably only against other zealots Oh and i read the nords post below this one, do NOT tell me to use a GRIEF. GRIEF SUCK ! ! ! Everyone uses a fricking greif... (God, why dint blizz just give it 7 to skills and 80% FCR, then every char could use it all the time for everything always.) I realize there may be better weapons, but an etherial pure white sword is stylish stylish stylish. Let me know if i will win any duels at all with this.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

its not that fast though, and you need a zod for it, so no extra ias there. Except for that bad part, it has great damage, and always does deadly strike, so your damage is always the double. Its good. Use it, or give me, because i sure would use it if i found one :D

3. Fallen Creation

Fallen Creation IncGamers Member

You would probably have to use a setup like this to hit 4fpa...

ED/IAS Crown of Ages (30% IAS)
    ED/IAS Stormshield (15% IAS)
    Zod ethereal Gladiator's Bane (for CBF)
    20 IAS Gloves

This would give you 65% IAS, enough to hit 4fpa (you need 60%).

4. jimmyjimmy

Thanx, i wansnt quite sure what was needed for 4 frames, but that is similar to what i was thinking of doing, I kinda wanted to use an etherial Steel Carapace i have someplace though, would it be a good idea to cham it or just go with eth Glads? Thanx for the info though.

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

The thing Fallen Creation wanted to achieve with Gladiators was probably the Cannot Be Frozen, which is a must imo.
    Though, you can always get this elsewhere, the most popular and common choice is raven frost ring, since it also adds 20% cold absorb, nice AR, and not least 15-20dex, which both boosts AR, and comes in handy for reaching max block.
    This means you can use any armor of choice ;)

6. jimmyjimmy

is it possible to achive competitave AR without using two angelic rings in pvp against other zealots?

7. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

you could try one angelic ring +ravenfrost and since he recommends ss/coa (pretty much max dr right there), then you can go with hsarus belts/boots for superior defense and even more attack rating (10 per clevel).

--welt

8. CC-Godbuster

CC-Godbuster IncGamers Member

If you're worried about getting CBF and want to use angelic rings and amulet, and different armor than G.Bane, say...CoH or Fortitude, or w/e you prefer, never under-estimate Trang's Belt. On top of CBF, it gives nice defense, and a decent mana and life boost :) :thumbsup: :winner:

9. Fallen Creation

Yeah, putting a Cham in an ethereal Carapace would be a very good choice. It gives you more defense than an eth Gladiator, and some nice cold resist to boot.

EDIT: The strength requirement on the Carapace is somewhat high, even after the - requirement from its ethereal property. It shouldn't be too bad though, seeing as how Stormshield gives you 30 and an Annihilus small charm will give you 10-20.

10. kz777

kz777 IncGamers Member

if you upgrade the eth headstriker, the ethereal item loses its eth property (ie. it loses teh 1.5x more dmg), so there is no reason to upgrade it whatsoever

11. Fallen Creation

Not true. That bug only affects armors.

12. jimmyjimmy

Thanx for all the info guys, a lot of the reason i want to make a zealot is for the stylish gear they can get away with using, however im by far an expert with them, so there are a few things i do have further questions about. Is it reasonable to use a high str armor like carapace? or would the good def and other mods of a lower req fort outweigh the super high def of carapace? Also, how important is Damage reduce. Would a high defense Exile be a better choice than a SS, or is the high damage reduce too good to pass up? What kind of defense is necessary to beat other zealots AR? See lol, soo many questions, most of which are best awnsered through experience. As i said, i would like to use the headstriker, but there are other stylish weapons too i guess. I just refuse to use a Grief (i hate them soo much) cuz they are all you ever see anymore. Any further input you guys have got for me is definatly appreciated

13. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Just skimmed through the thread.

The losing of eth property only applies to ethereal armours not weapon.

14. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

why even think about zod'ing that ?

how much does it cost ?
    a handfull of pgems or low runes.
    When it breaks, get a new one :D

-jordy :king:

15. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Finding an eth headstriker is not as easy as you think. e,e Also uping it is a pain in the ass as it breaks so frequently.

16. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

time spent getting a zod < time spent getting lem, ko p-diamond, and eth headstriker, more then once.

i'd waste a sh!tty zod on it without losing too much sleep.

17. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

A reason to use upped eth striker was 100% ds it'd give u. But i dont see any reason to use it now that u have either eth dc or death runeword. Maybe for style only :).

18. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Playing for style : Ethereal Headstriker, ( or Ethereal Phase Blade )
    other : grief, dc, death etc...

Zig

19. Ceno

Ceno IncGamers Member

It would be nice if it was lem+ko+pdiamond but that one is for upping armors. you'd be looking at Lum+Pul+Pemerald to upgrade a headstriker. :eek: