Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth Titans viable for fend build?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by espino_k, Mar 13, 2016.

1. espino_k

espino_k Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all!

Lurker here for many years, first time poster. Just started up playing D2 once again, and I was able to get some Eth Titans to drop from Meph, and was wondering if they could work in a fendazon/melee build. I know the obvious choice would be to make a Lightning Fury character, but i find them to get boring due to being able to breeze through the game.

So any advice on using titans on a HC, solo sp character? Or is it just not viable? I also have a Hone Sundan spear that should help me out if I am in a pinch for crushing blow.

[​IMG]

2. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there

An eth titan of course makes most javazon builds very viable.

My personal preference in HC is not to tweak a character till they make guardian so you have to play through the game. However you do it the final build really depends on where you want to take her after that. Javazons make excellent pit runners looking for items to socket mainly. The only drawback there are the archers and running the pits many times you will eventually find a dangerous situation especially in pit level 2 with multiple archer cursing/might packs.

One build here that does slightly better is using physical damage ie throwing an upped eth titan using Laying of Hands as a basis.

3. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

@Tarantella[​IMG]

Is Fend viable with anything other than BotD? I thought it was too broken to use?

4. espino_k

I can certainly respect that! i do have a few self rules about twinking, i only pass on 2 weapons to melee builds and a handful of runes. I like to give myself some help so I dont get bored spending 10 minutes killing champion monsters on hell :).

I will most certainly up these javs, and thank you for the laying of hands suggestion! I'll do NM baal runs with the new zon and hope for laying of the hands to drop, or some other IAS/damage/cb equip to drop.

5. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Just poppping in to say: welcome espino_k :).

I'm afraid I don't have anything to add to the topic at hand though ...

6. espino_k

Thank you for the warm welcome T72 :) much appreciated