Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth steeldriver

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by sonikki_, Apr 4, 2004.

1. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

Eth steeldriver

Ethereal steeldriver 248% just dropped in front of me. Im thinkin' pvp druid... bu what kind of build would be best? What lvl? And should i upgrade the steeldriver?

2. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Fury Wolf. Upgrade the Steeldriver, Shael it, stick it on the wolf. Wolf should be the level of the upgraded steeldriver. Suited for pk and pkk, but lack of shield may result in injury and/or death. Make sure you have at least 86% FHR (Bloodfist, Rockstopper and then etierh charms or something else).

3. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

I would go with a charger.... HUMMM charger.
    Its pretty cheap, but hey, PKing isn't really the nicest thing either. Since I prefer chargeadins over druids any ol' day.

4. sonikki_

upgraded it to martel de fer, 3xx-5xx dmg :) now just gotta build the druid

5. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

What lvl req is it now?

6. sonikki_

it now requires lvl 34. wonder what stuff comes to play at lvl 34?
    what gear would be ideal?

7. sonikki_

hey i still need help with this build :) you druid experts out there, i need you!
    How do i distribute my skills and statpoints? Help plz :)

8. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

lvl 34...
    Skill points.. would prob be max lycan and fury, rest into oak

Stats... enough str to wear everything (i don't see this going over the 86 for the weap), I would keep it at base dex unless you plan to have a shield on switch or something. Rest goes into vit.

Bloodfist + Rockstopper will get you high FHR.. use 5% FHR Small Charms to reach 86, should only need 6 (bf + rs = 60). After that, fill up on small charms of susteance, +14 and +15 life each. 2nd mods are nice.

Angelic Rings + Ammy are still good, unless you can find some godly +1 rare ammy and some godly rings for a lvl 34...
    Sander boots aren't bad, I can't think of anything else unless once again, you find some godly rare :)
    That leaves belt and armor, which I'm not sure which would be best.

9. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

ignore oak. you won't need it.

I'd max fury, lyc and whatever into wolf.

10. sonikki_

I tried the weapon with 55 druid with 25 dex and i had ar something like 800. Couldnt hit anything. I didnt have angelic jewelery though, that gives pretty nice ar right? i can wear strings for dr right? on switch i will use sigon shield and ethereal version of that unique weap with 1 druid skills and 2 shapeshifting for buffing skills.

11. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

for a 34 druid this is the most appropriate gear (imo).
    Wpn: (described) sig shield and dark clan on switch for more into lyc and HoW.
    Armor: 4 socket rubied or 3 socket life armor with ed or max jewels (not both in the armor at same time)
    Helm: guilliams (sp?) set orphan helm or rockstopper, guilliams is great for dmg rockstopper good for resists/life.
    Belt: string of ears (nothing else really compares)
    gloves: bfists
    boots: sanders or waterwalks (depending if you want speed to run down victims)
    rings/ammy: angelics and soj (if not soj then 2nd angelic or good crafted/rare)
    charms: basically fhr is useless since both helms described +bfists give 60% total fhr to get over the 48% fhr pt for druids and no 86% fhr is nonsense thats just for barbs. You'll want mainly life charms, a cold dmg charm, run/walk if you want to fight runners, resist charms as you see fit. Strength charms only if you run out of lifers.

maybe for helm use guilliams vs non elementalists and rock vs elementalists and also carry separate charms to fight runners.
    Druids are heaviest hitters per second for 34 duelers also have the most life tied with barbs. Problems are getting chilled (deaths might be necessary if you find getting chilled to be a problem), lack of ability to fight good ww barbs since they hit just as fast but move as they hit, zerk = dead vs fury and conc is your only real concern since he can constantly smack you while blocking nicely.

Also lvl 39 fury druid can do good use shaft instead for armor and rest basically the same.

Other builds to consider charger (2 handed pallies are suicidal if they duel every1 that they should for their lvl) ww barb a lot less dmg then druid but ww is better vs a lot of different types of classes esp a fast running barb since they can catch sorc/zon/nec's a lot easier. Basically those 3 builds are all thats possible and highly effective with an eth steel.

And fyi, I had a 24x% steel on a 39 druid who could beat nearly anything he fought, very few survived only 45+ duelers or 60+ pvm. Right now the steel is on a 34 ww barb who does 1.8k ww with 1.8k life w/out any life charms. (uses faster r/w and sharps)

12. sonikki_

HelzCaretaker, thanks for the reply, that about answered all my questions.. skill distribution is however still a bit open, would you use oak or not? other than that, im ready to go duel/pk on europe, so look out! =)

13. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

for a werewolf's skills while using eth steeldriver this is the basic breakdown:
    20 into lyc
    5 fury
    1 wolf (gets 4 with + skills)
    rest into HoW

I'm pretty sure 4 pts gets you enough ias for max possible attack with a shael steeldriver.

HoW over b/c it adds ar and dmg, + you should have a lot of life with all life charms and max lyc. You might want to check a speed calculator b/c I am not 100% sure about werewolf for fury methinks 4 is enough though.