Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth or Pamethysts?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PandadudeSP, Jan 26, 2016.

1. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP IncGamers Member

Long time no see! I recently reinstalled d2 and am running a pheonix striker, currently A1 nightmare. I'm having some issues hitting things, but I found a -30 claw with 2 sockets that I thought could help me. Would 2 eths, 2 Pamethysts or one of each have the best effect? I have barely any AR on other gear.

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I'd say the amethysts win easily if no AR on other gear. Might want to keep your eyes open for high AR things like gold/platinum rings, fool's weapons (by checking all blue/yellow claw type weapons), steel GCs and especially angelic rings/amulet.

You should be around lvl 40, if you are lower, then getting a couple extra levels from act 5 normal should help.

3. PandadudeSP

PandadudeSP IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply. I found a plat ring and sander's boots which helps, but nothing in terms of angelic unfortunately.

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

How much AR do you actually have without those sockets? Answer depends on that.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Also look out for Sigon's. The helm adds 8 AR per level if worn with something else from the set, and 50 when wearing the boots and something else. Any 2 Sigon's combo adds 10% LL (also useful for mercs), the gloves add 30%IAS when wearing two Sigon's items. Sigon's is by far the best low-level set! Parts of the Death set might be worth wearing in combination. Death's belt+gloves add 30%IAS+CBF. Their drawback is that the belt holds just 8 potions.

Sigon's is usually enough to reach a 95% chance to hit the monsters which you are willing to risk your character's life at.

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

what's your level in NM?
    level up more in normal act 5 doing some p8 runs, then you'll hit mobs easily