Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth Lycanders pike

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Calyx, May 30, 2005.

1. Calyx

Calyx IncGamers Member

Eth Lycanders pike

Hey guys.

I found a ethereal lycanders pike and i think it looks pretty badass. Is it worth upping and zoding? I dont know much about what spears zons use but i think that would rock.

tell me what you think

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Due to a well known bug with Fend and the Passives (basically, in many cases you won't hit anything at all), spear zons are practically non-existant in this game. You could use Jab instead, but that's a really slow way of killing things...

The weapon might be perf, ethereal and zoded, but that wouldn't help much in the end.

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Although Fend is bugged, you could make a Charged/Lightning Striker. Quite an effective build, and Lycander's Flank would suit it well. Keep an Atma's Scarab handy for LI heavy areas, and get some Crushing Blow. Be sure to max Penetrate or Inner Sight, as you want to make sure your spear actually hits for some physical damage (I personally go for Penetrate as I have an Act I merc).

Just because a build isn't common doesn't mean it's no good.

If you're wondering, my planned skills are:
    Max Valk
    Max Penetrate
    Max CS
    Max LS
    Remainder in PS

You can play around with the numbers for Valk and Penetrate for more points into lightning synergies.

4. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

If I had a zod going spare I might be tempted to place it in a BotD +3 skills 15% superior 6 socket matriarchal weapon and use impale for novelty value. :)

Correct me if Im wrong but I think the passion runeword in a fast spear will do just as good as a lycanders pike.

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Huh, didn't know Passion could be made in a spear. Well in terms of physical damage Passion might compare, but Lyc's Flank does have +2 ama and +2 spear skills, which gives a bit of a boost to lightning skills if they're being used. Moreover, you're comparing it to an eth upped flank here. Although now that I think about it, I'd like to see what Beserk damage might be like on a spear...

The problem with Lyc's Flank though is that it's a bit on teh slow side.