eth Javelins

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
eth Javelins

Hello, I'm not really a noob, but got a noob-type question. I just picked up a set of eth Thunderstroke. I won't be using them like a club, so does it matter that they happen to be ethereal?

Thanks for any help...

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, you'll notice that the number of javalins left will go down slowly, and it'll break eventually. It's just slower than when you throw it.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal means an item cannot be repaired. That means once you're either out of durability or out of Javelins in a stack, you're done. If you have 60 Javelins in an Ethereal stack, and you throw 60 times, that's it- no more javs.

With that said, if the javelins possess the "replenish quantity" mod, then the fact that they're ethereal only means that you can't use them again until after you wait for them to replenish.

Delreich

Diabloii.Net Member
With that said, if the javelins possess the "replenish quantity" mod, then the fact that they're ethereal only means that you can't use them again until after you wait for them to replenish.
Except if you break them by stabbing something. Then they're broken forever.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Except if you break them by stabbing something. Then they're broken forever.
Never heard of that, can anyone confirm?

I know normal (white) javalins disappear if the quantity goes to zero. Also, non replenishing ethereal javalins, like your thunderstroke, will eventually break whether you throw or jab them.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
eth javs that have the replenish mod and are magic or rare will stay in your inventory with a quantity of 0 and will slowly replenish themselves
you cant bring them to an npc to refill them

i think uniques will do the same

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
That's great, thanks guys... Looks like those Javelins are pretty, but ultimately worthless.
That's not true at all. Make a CS/LS 'zon and use them until they break. No sense throwing them away when you can get some very solid use out of them, first.