Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth Hone Sundan, worth uping?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by TheOgre, May 20, 2008.

1. TheOgre

TheOgre IncGamers Member

Eth Hone Sundan, worth uping?

Hi. I just found an etheral hone sundan (i know its not the sharpest stick in the shed:azn:) but when i looked at it, its not all terrible.

Here are the stats
    Two-Hand Damage: (95-107) To (193-217) (144-162 Avg)
    Required Level: 37
    Required Strength: 101
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    Durability: 28
    +160-200% Enhanced Damage (mine has 198)
    Adds 20-40 Damage
    45% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Repairs 1 Durability In 10 Seconds
    Socketed (3)

Can any of you see any use for this? With the 45cb, 3sox for shaels it could be a nice merc weapon. Since it has Repair mod, its not even restriced to just a merc. And upping it would give it a even higher damage. Worth it at all?

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Eth Hone Sundan, worth uping?

Depends what your goals is what that stick. Spear are only used by merc and amazons. Merc almost always use spears with an aura's - infinity, insight or pride - and use their armour/helm for crushing blow.
    Even though it is a good merc stick, often people will go for other spear/polearms.

Now for amazons using fend, that spear if one of the best. Infintiy, insight and pride aren't as offensive as that one. One other spear one could use is something like ebotd mat spear or something as expensive. So for a cheap and effective fendazon, this is the best weapon in the game. Sadly, but few people make fendazons as they are hard to play.

I'd say, up it and if you don't want to use it yourself, try making some amazon happy with a little present.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

A great poker for a melee character's merc. There are not many runewords that are very much better for them - for example, a zealot, conc barb or something could benefit from a Holy Freeze merc with a spear that has 45% CB. AND 3 sockets.

4. TheOgre

TheOgre IncGamers Member

Thanks for constructiv feedback:D I'll try and upgrade it. I might even build a fendazon, as a little challange.

5. Jabari

Jabari IncGamers Member

It's also a pretty good Whirlwind weapon - with 3 Shaels it hits the 4-frame breakpoint...