Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eth Bonehew ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jblakely, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

Eth Bonehew ?

I found an Eth Bonehew. What should i socket in it? I was thinking sheal/sheal to get attackspeed up but is that necessary for the act 2 merc? Would sheal/amn be a good choice to give the merc a little more LL? I have my current Bonhew socketed with Hel/Amn but that was so I could use it before 90 and at the time my merc did not have much LL. But he Eth Bonehew has 10 less STR requirement so my merc at 84 can use now, so what would be the best choice?

Jack :drink:

2. Atompilz

Atompilz IncGamers Member

Woo, that's a nice find, congratulations. Personally, I would amn/shael it. Split the difference!
    And the unsocket recipe is such a thing of beauty, too, if you end up not liking it. I myself use an Amn'd Tomb Reaver, but wow, would I love to find an ethereal one with 3 sockets. Again, nice find! :yep:

3. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

I have one too, I decided on 2 Amns. The attacks speed of bonehew is already quite decent, extra life leech is never bad.

4. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

Went the same way with the Amns.

Mine is 305% ed, 170-878 2 hand damage.

It's working quite well on my necro's merc :D

5. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

If your merc isn't dying, double shael it. My merc wears 15ias gaze, 15ias shaft and shaelshael ethrl bonehew. He deals some mad 8k damage or so at one of the highest breakpoints - and he never gets hurt. I figure if somethings gonna kill him, it's gonna do it in one or two hits, he won't have the chance at leech. There is a breakpoint for the merc at 40ias, that's why 2x shael is useful.

6. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

i dont think its possible for a merc to not die at all :xdrunk: i would go for amn amn... or maybe a ber if you want him to ownage everyone around :)

7. dave

dave IncGamers Member

if u run into oblivion knights alot he will die ;) but ll wont help him much there...

8. Vilencia

Vilencia IncGamers Member

Depends on what else he is wearing, if he has on a crown of thieves with 12 or so leach then an amn would be pointless.