Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ETH bonehew vs ETH Reaper's Toll vs ETH Tomb reaver

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by frozenmagic, Feb 23, 2004.

1. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

ETH bonehew vs ETH Reaper's Toll vs ETH Tomb reaver

just askin whats gonna be the best merc weapon. Also the tomb reaver has 3 sock. Tell me in your opinion which is better than the rest and y??

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

It would depend on the Build... If you wouldn't benefit greatly from the Decrep, Tomb Reaver would win by far just for the massive damage, speed, Resists and customization.

On other builds, the Decrep would benefit you more, increasing yours and his damage while offering tons of protection.

3. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

alain is right. Either way though, bonehew's on the bottom of the list.

--fatty

4. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

Except in terms of price - Bonehew is much easier to come by than the other 2. However, if you have collected an ethereal version of all 3 of these weapons, price is not an issue for you.

5. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

eth botd ghost spear

6. AwesomeDude

AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

Except the BotD isn't in the three he listed.

7. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

I have Both

I have both an Eth Bonehue and an Eth Reapers Toll. I can't comment on an Eth Tomb Reaver.

The Bonehue does a lttle over 860 damage

The Reapers Toll does 750. I have a +36% ED Jewel in it.

I have tested both on my Might Merc ,on all monsters and bosses.

I have no doubt in saying that the Toll is by far the best Killer out of the two.

Ignores Targets Defence
    + Cold damage (chills monster)
    33% deadly strike
    -25% requirement
    33% Decrepify on striking
    -10 Weapn Speed
    Mine has 15% Life Leech

This is hell of a weapon I can asure you. My merc kills act boses with little help from me.

Get one quick before people realise its true value.

I traded an Um and 3 x 100 small poison charms with second mods for it.

PS: He kills Piddle and his boys in no time with very little help from me. Baal and Diablo are wooses once decrepted!

8. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I got 2 eth bonehews :). Wish I could find an eth reaper's toll. That would be nice.

9. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

i prefer eth bonehew because im a necro and i dont like toll over riding my curses even though decrip owns just a pain so bonehew gets my vote if your necro on anyother class maybe toll better

10. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

For necro - yes. My bonemancer have an act 1 rouge with upgraded goldy/40% *** - it works good and it would prolly do even with a Fallen One or a Mosquito and damaged hand axe. :lol:
    In any other case, if act 2 merc is involved - Toll (eth or not) is just best weapon possible. 33% Decrepify on striking is crucial and other mods as Weapn Speed, ll, etc are just just OK - do not need to be best.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Even though it's not on the list: For a necro merc, a Kelpie Snare would be quite good - ethereal and upgraded, of course.

12. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

For a skellymancer, you can't beat Tomb Reaver. Its always nice having a few free additions to yer meat wall. Most other builds would benefit from Toll the most...

13. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

not on list, but upgraded ethereal hone sundan is pretty nice as well, what with 45% crushing blow and three sockets (amn amn shael never hurts...) i think mine does something like 740 damage max unsocketed.

14. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

I'd think that would be a great Necromancer merc weapon, since they can supply the Decrepify if need be. Crushing blow is simply incredible against bosses.

However, of the three, I prefer the ethereal Tomb Reaver because it mixes customization (potentially 3 sockets) with incredible resistances, defensive capabilities (in Hell Mode, the Returned can tank for about 1 minute), and most importantly MAGIC FIND.

~Hearts~

15. Rianna

Rianna IncGamers Member

Does Crushing Blow work on act bosses?

Also, has crushing blow been nerfed in 1.10?

16. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

Toll ownzors i have it eth on a act2 HF merc and when they get decrep'd those monesters are sooooooooo slow :D:D i wouldnt change this for bonehew or tomb reaver even though reviving random chars would be pretty cool :scratch:

peace.

17. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

what bout a up'd eth spire of honor ... it does more dmg than an eth bonehew, but i do agree with the reapers toll ... it kicks ***

18. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I think it´s a mater of merc philosophy. I notice that a lot of people suffer from a kind of BIG BIG damage fixation. :lol: OK - it is an approach but not the only possible one.

In my opinion a merc is a kind of helping spirit - not a partner, not a baby sitter nor a Pindel bot. His/her main task is to compensate for the main char´s weak sides and to intensify main char´s virtues.

According this approach mercenery´s aura and curses he/she can possibly cast have a higher value than direct damage he/she can make. For instance:

1. A rouge working for my bonemancer compensate for his lack of ph damage and can use his decrepify. - Just in this case pd is most important.

2. A might merc working for a summoner necro need pd as a part of his LL only, becouse degree in which he amplify summons damage is so high that it makes his own contribution negligible. His main task is to survive together wih his aura and - may be - to kill some single monsters which pd immunity is stronger than necros decrepify.

3.HF/Reaper's Toll merc working for a strafe zon or a zealot makes his services much better slowing down monsters, amplifying damage and getting rid of ph immunities than he ever could do making 10k dmg by himself.

Just an opnion :howdy:

19. Poorlilbunny

Poorlilbunny IncGamers Member

eth doom cryptic axe is the best