Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

etf

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by frygia, Mar 29, 2004.

1. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

etf

I'd like to play today night for a bit but I'm not sure at which time, I'll be around at 9pm cet probably, if you guys are there I'll be most glad. :)

Currently my biggest problem is resists, I can't really go to nightmare - my resists are going below 0 on fire and cold and no way I can fight like that, one shot of the shamans and I might die . . . so I'll wait for someone stronger to join me to start it and meanwhile try to find something that gives me more resists on normal.

If someone has rockstopper (sp?) or Duriel's idling I'd be REALLY happy :p

My biggest needs are something that gives resists (anywhere) and 2 x shael for my bow.

Let's hope this thread works :)

2. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Frygsie, what kind of bow are you using? Right now I have some items that may help you out (nothing that has any resist really) in terms of killing power.

I'll be needing some help with ac2 as well, since Duriel is bloody cold immune.

3. ipityfool

ipityfool IncGamers Member

Hehe...women are smarter than men :D This thread is exellent idea :thumbsup: Toorn has duriel..just ask.

I'll be playing a bit today, but I have exam later in the evening, so can't play that much. Dunno about very later...

I'm heading Andy hell solo, but it sux big time...two shots and I'm dead and lit immunes are all over the place :(

Try to party and get later nm and I join too. I miss company right now...

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Great idea frigsie! Big hugs for starting this one!

I have a Shael for you between ;)
    Ipity, that Fireskiller is coming to great use and also the other stuff i got. I manage to have maxed lightning and poison res in NM and the other too close to 70 (thanks to razorswitch staff)

I'd like to play today aswell. I will be doing some hell-baalruns on sc with soep for finding gcs or scs but otherwise i would like to get my hc-char more going.
    She's lvl46 now, but can take on NM games already pretty well.

I can help with Act2. Duriel will die in FB and Meteor pretty fast i think ;)
    ipity, i can help you later aswell, but now i am at work :/ and i still need to get past NM ;)

5. Mupp

Mupp IncGamers Member

I'll gladly join up with whom ever of you etf:ers tonight since I probably won't be able to play for a month or two, or tree, after to(morrow?)night.

I'm lvl 35 now doing normal baalruns.. max reses and 850:ish life with bo..
    My damage sucks so NM is a little boring.. Need a better sword. :-/

6. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

I'm lvl 55 with maxed fire, lightning and cold resist. Poison in the high 50s (in NM btw), with about 700 life and I still don't dare to venture any where past Act 2 sewers NM :lol:

How do you guys do it...

I don't have a sword, but I do have Aldurs mace thingy. Any use for you?

7. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

I can help you on act 2, as long as I get some resists first :xrein:

My bow is a kuko, it's not that I can't kill things (I can, I am using strafe + freezing arrow) but I can't get elemental hits on nm, 1 hit = die... my life is about 290, not enough to fight decently.

Meli, that shael is VERY welcome, anyhting that makes me kill faster is a big help :)

If I can get that Duriel from Toorn, I can then fight decently on nm. Thanks for the tip ipity ;)

Muppy, I'll try to msg you as soon as I'm online.

Resists now on normal are 25, 18, 75, 65 or something like that, now you know why I can't get to nightmare alone :xrollseye

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

you can have the Shael tonight frygsie.

9. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Just got a Spirit Shroud and Zakarums Hand. Anyone need them?

Frygsie, if you got 70 str, I have a pair of boots you might be interested in...

10% fhr
    +3 dex
    34% cr
    40% pr

Greaves btw.

10. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

My latest one, SillyDruid, is lvl 23, rushed him to act5 but he's still killing stuff on act3 to get decent experience. He also has just about all of his skill points left as I can't decide what to make of him. Just have cyclone armor (and preq arctic blast) and oak sage. I need to decide what to make him since he's having trouble killing stuff without skills. But I'm available to join tonight with him, especially if I can decide where to put the skills to be actually able to kill things in a party.

Mupp, I can check some sword for you later today. 1 or 2 handed?

11. ipityfool

Dunno where Toorn is going with his baba but seems like I'm most "advanced" in hell. It's just matter of time when I get killed if I continue to solo any further act2 start ->

I have a feeling I start skellimancer because I love them, and they rock about anywhere without trouble. Dunno yet, but that way I could catch some of the folks and I would have one more extra char in my arsenal :teeth:

Edit: trying to invent hilarious name for my necro...any ideas?

12. Mupp

Mupp IncGamers Member

1 handed. And thanks! (playing barb so 2 hand would work too)

To you too, Faye. But I'll go with some sword. :)

13. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Okay~ If I find a decent sword I'll let you know.

Also, finally crafted a caster ammy, turned out to be +2 traps :grrr:

Hmm.. what runeword can I make with Amn, Shael, Ort, Dol, Thul, Hel, Eth, Tal runes...I'ma go check runeword site.

14. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

What about DeadOrAlive? :xtongue:

Crafting is at best of times a tricky thing Faye . . . :)

Muppy, are you travelling or something?

ipity, you probably are, you'll have to wait for us poor normal players so that we can catch you . . .

Cerf, try to go more on skills where it can help the party, is there not a Oak Sage that improves dmg on the skills? And you have to decide if you want to be a meat shield yourself or attack from the backstage, in other words, elemental or Wolf/Bear . . .

Where are the paladins btw? They are crucial on parties . . .

Edit: Faye, I'll check, my boots are like that, lots of resists too, dunno if yours are better, but I can't get on now. Thanks anyway ;)

A bowazon is really meant only to play in parties, no shield = very difficult to survive . . .

And people, don't forget to subscibe to the thread, otherwise it might be difficult to keep up with it!

15. ipityfool

16. Mupp

Mupp IncGamers Member

Hihihi! :teeth:
    It's called Heart of Wolverine (HoW), and they're spirits, or amoebas as I like to call them. :p
    But HoW sucks. :( Too low on the damage boost. Oak Sage would be better for some more life and a Fana or/and Conc paladin to boost damage.

17. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

My last meatshield died so I'm more like thinking the elemental way. Wind druid most probably since Los has a fire one. If you mean spirits then yes there's one that improves AR and dmg, it's just that if I make an elemental druid it's totally useless for me and I'd like to be a bit selfish and want some gain myself too. Now if I'd be making a wolf or bear it would be a different thing or if Los would be there almost always when I'm too since I think he uses Oak Sage too.

Eh...mine (conviction) died and so did Toorn's (fana). Fate of the meatshields. I have a hammerdin on lvl 70 though but since most of us are way lower level he can be by himself waiting for proper moment to die.

18. frygia

frygia IncGamers Member

That's a problem of the meat shields that are made for party and don't play in a party. More or less the fate of my resistless supporting party-ama that plays alone, I guess . . . Actually, I am very surprised that she's alive yet (been THAT close to dieing twice already). One of them locked in strage while getting a river of flame from Diablo . . . I actually shouted to the screen, GET OUT, GET OUT!!!! :p

Wolf is good since you can have lots of life and you can have HoW or Oak Sage at the same party too . . . any of which helps a lot.

And they have those sooo nice bears to help them, much better than the valkyries (which are anyway good already).

I'd help anybody who wants to do a pally to get to a higher level, at least in normal - say until lvl 40 in normal or so? I really think they make lots of difference if we can keep the original idea of partying.

Edit: ANAKHETO (the crazy canadian guy that smacks with trouts) is intending to do a Vengeance pally to play with us, and I've asked him to post in our thread his account . . . please add him to friends list whenever he posts, let's show him our european welcome :) I've given him our accounts to, so he can add us all.

19. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

He's bringing the trout with him? I'm a bit hungry you see and I know he likes it when I eat his trout. Well anyway, he's going with vengeance pally idea? That's exactly what I killed but I do think the conviction helped quite a lot the casters in the party. I can throw him some of the equipment of my previous pala, those have some mana leech but I really would've needed more. I have some of it and Iva has the rest.

20. Toorn88

Toorn88 IncGamers Member

With quests yes but with char i'm most advanced.. max resists and 85 lit max
    2756 life and 60% blockchance,,, def around 8k and ar also high.. 30% dam red and enough leech i rock,,

I have duriel shell so who wants it..

Also i have started a fire sorc for mf runs.. lvl 15 now lvled in 20 mins or so,,
    Ill will log on now ill see ya soon