Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Yaboosh, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

A superb romantic comedy from the makers of Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

Jim Carrey gives a real performance with irreverence, pathetic displays of frustrated emotions, and natural comedy.

Kate Winslet is good as the weird girl you see working at bookstores who think they are just about the most unique person ever.

Frodo plays a good creepy kid.

The story just made me think a lot about love, life, and the purpose of it all. The basic premise is that the two break up, and one doesnt want to remember the other, so they get them erased from their memory, and so the other does the same. It is a rather Romeo and Juliet type set up, and the regret remains throughout.

The themes of love being worth it regardless of the outcome pervade throughout. I found that it was both optimistic and pessimistic on the topic of love, and I liked how confused it was, as we all are.

I recommend it. My favorite movie of the year so far.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Sounds interesting, and I liked the preview I saw. But I always take issue with movies that promote the above quote. Love is frequently not the best course to follow. I notice that a lot of movies that do this ignore the fact that the characters, by following their love, are ****ing over themselves or other people. Meh. That just occured to me. Carry on. :whistle:

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

the preview reminded me too much of brain candy

4. Night

Night IncGamers Member

I thought the movie was alright/good (I really only like comedies usually..).

My Girlfriend, however, loved it. A lot.

5. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Anakha, it is still worth a see. I dont know if I am ruining too much of the movie, but that is addressed as well.