Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shade, Jan 28, 2004.

1. reloader

reloader IncGamers Member

Does anyone here know anything about JobCorps, or better yet, have experience with it?

As always with internet searches, I have received wildly varying opinions and results. Of course, this is a a section of the internet as well.... but I respect your opinions more.

Considering a large portion of you are not currently living in the USA, or never have, this is obviously a shot in the dark though.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

nope. sounds like an evil corporate empire if you ask me.

Stormtroopers, telling people to move along!

3. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

I usually do, I just really don't like documentation ... Still I can't complaing too much on the whole it is a good job.

Never heard of it, but my quick wikipedia search made it look interesting. Is it essentially free education or is there some sort of catch? If so it looks pretty good and a decent wait to get a qualification. Still my opinion is based on absolutely no knowledge of JobCorps at all.

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

In that case there is a similar thing here in aus, where you rock up and say this is what i do and what i can do. they hook you up with a training provider who tests you on what you say you can do then fill in the gaps so you can get a qualification. costs money but not a great deal

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

I don't know where your at, but there's one in the same office building were my hubby works. Let me put it this way, we park on the other side of the buildign now and the building manager put up huge skull and cross bones signs saying no tresspassing and "the upstairs bathroom is only for upstairs tenents and their guests ONLY" after "issues" arising from the "potential empolyees" showing up there.

Other than the class of clientel it appeared to be ManPower for physical laborers.

6. reloader

reloader IncGamers Member

I'm in South Carolina, for the moment. It looked really appealing, considering the benefits... Honestly, right now, it's my ONLY option for getting the **** out of my mom's place, and on my own. Jobs around here are scarce, and I've basically been able to do jack **** for my family and myself. I've got a wonderful woman waiting for me in Texas, and I need to get my **** together so I can see her again.

So, despite that sounding extremely Ghetto... It's worth a shot. So, I'm going to take it. It's nothing I can't handle.

7. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

GL on that, reloader, I think it can be good or bad, depending on what you put into it yourself. What that means is that I think it is a good program with good structure, but you have to put in effort to make it worthwhile.

I am so busy with work that I don't even have time to visit the bar much lately :(

8. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

@ kestegs: At the end of the day it is the same with anything, you only get out what you put in. I know at my work some people are annoyed that I have been promoted ahead of them despite being much younger (in both years and experience) but at the end of the day I put in the hardwork and I am much better at the job then they are.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

I am playing far too much WoW. Is there any hope?

10. kestegs

I too have played far too much WoW: I loaded it up and played for 10 minuets before I realized I hated it. I think that was far too much!

But really...There is no hope for you!

11. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Dew please. I am cleaning the house, or at least as much of it as I can do. Application done for my preferred school, will send application for back up school when I leave today. Coach emailed me back, will place me on roster for fall once I am accepted. Second meeting with person was last night, it went very well. Except for the thunderstorm that brought hail (hale?) and tornadoes that pinned us in the restaurant for half an hour.

But yes, Dew.

12. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

@reload: then GL and happy hunting (ps. I live in Nevada, you don't have to tell me jobs are in a bad shape.... *checks* our county would have about 30% unemployment if it weren't that so many people have given up)

@FE: It's kinda like smoking, some peopel are hooked right off the bat. If you play again tomorrow you're done for. If you don't relaly much care for it and give up now your fine.

"Hail" unless it's this halestorm
    OMG! Just got to correct some one elses speeling!

13. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

@WM: I feared that was the case. I loved smoking, and... other substances too. A week of 4AM WoW sessions (not too bad considering I'm unemployed and I wake up around 11AM) is still a little nerdy.

Talking of substances, I'll take a beer.

14. kestegs

@WM: last time I checked, its spelling, not speeling :D

Smoking is bad...in any form!

15. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Speeling is a process of pooring a liqwid ontoo a flour. As much such, WM use a terms corektly.

16. kestegs

Careful there! you spelled a few words right!

17. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

I was very careful to put grammatical errors in places where I couldn't misspell ;) Didn't manage to make #errors = #words though. I think it'd have been unreadable.

18. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Aargh my eyes ...... that really is painful to look at.

19. kestegs

Yes, Greebo truly is a master of murdering the English language :)

20. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Is it bad that I teach English as a Second Language and I glazed right over Greebo's spelling?