Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

EShield and Telekinesis Charges

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by aznbboi16, Apr 8, 2005.

1. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

EShield and Telekinesis Charges

OK well I just shopped this war staff for a possible LLD sorc who utilizes energy shield.

+3 energy shield
    lv8 Telekinesis charges

Could anyone tell me if the bug works when eshield is cast? Or does it depend on how many points I have in telekinesis when I am hit?

Example:
    I have no points in telek
    I cast Eshield with this staff (lv8 synergy)
    I switch to my regular gear
    When I am hit with my regular gear (no telek), will my mana take damage as if I had lv0 synergy or lv8 synergy?

Since llders are short on points, I figured if eshield can be "prebuffed" like this, I would save points by not needing any telek and still have a lv8 synergy. But if I can't I might as well sell this right back to Ormus.

Thanks for any input.

2. FireChoice

FireChoice IncGamers Member

I know that you can brebuff bone armor, and it works very similarly to energy sheild. Looking at the EShield skill, it says recieves bonuses from telekenisis, just like bone armor from marrowalks, my bet would be it can be prebuffed this way.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I'm not too sure about that. Bone armor is cast, exists, and then vanishes, but is not dependant on any formulas to calculate damage to life/mana. It would be easy to test for a modder, just make an item with lvl 20 (or more?) telekinesis charges, and +40 to energy shield, cast, take off the item, and run off to take damage.

4. Aeoril

Aeoril Banned

Also, doesn't the bone skill prebuffing only work if you have 0 pts into the synergy? Re: marrowwalk bug.

If that's the case, the only way you can have 0 telekinesis is if you forego teleport. That's unlikely.

5. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

I already stated I would have 0 points in telekinesis.