Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[ESCL] The Tysan Clan looking for legit mature LoD players <

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by Prospero Valheart, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Prospero Valheart

Prospero Valheart IncGamers Member

[ESCL] The Tysan Clan looking for legit mature LoD players

Do you ever feel as if you are the last sane person left on earth?

There are pretenders everywhere you look on Battle.net. Usage of map hack is deemed acceptable by many - and people are using duped, hacked and other illegal items without thinking twice about it. These are not real Diablo 2 players, they are pretenders.

Your average Battle.net clan isn't that much to brag about either - immature kids leading run-off-the-mill clans with more ranks than members, caring only to get bigger. Many seem to forget that a clan is about friendship, not about being better. These are not real clans, they are herds of cattle.

So where are all the real Diablo 2 players? Where are all the real clans?

They are right here!

The Tysan Clan was founded in late 1997 and as such has been around for over 10 years. While we are not exactly famous or notorious, we do have a reputation of excellence.

We are one of the last remaining legit clans, and we don't allow anything that can be considered remotely illegal. We do not need map hack, and will throw out anyone who thinks otherwise. The same goes for duped and other illegal items - we will throw out even our closest friends if found using these. We would rather disband than allow a single pretender in.

We are also one of the only clans that actually respects it's members while upholding a high standard of maturity. All potential members must motivate their decision to join to one of our recruiters, and then pass a 14 day trial period and manage to get a 60% approval rate of all full members. This process has been in use since 2001 and has ensured that only those who are both mature and friendly (and a tad bit insane) manage to become full members.

We are also a clan that people tend to stay with. I joined Tysan in 2001, and while I'm one of the older members, many of our members have been members for several years.

So, what are we looking for?
    • Legit players - you do not condone the use of any hacks, duped items or other things that could be considered "cheating"
    • Mature people - your primary reason for joining a clan is to find a group of like-minded individuals to play with. We will not give you items for joining, and while we will help you if need be, we are not here to serve you (nor are you here to serve us).
    • Active players - you play Diablo 2 on a regular basis and enjoy participating in forums
    • Softcore ladder players, though some of our members also play non-ladder
    • People who play on the USEast realm

And what do we have to offer in return?
    • A group of friendly and mature people who enjoy playing games as well as participating in intelligent discussions
    • An elaborate website that takes care of most of the administrative hassles of running a clan - enabling us to spend more time gaming and discussing things that matter.
    • A Ventrilo voice chat server for easier in-game communication
    • A chance to be heard regardless of seniority. Tysan is in essence democratic and values the input of all members. If you want to take an active part in running the clan you will be given every opportunity to do so.

To join Tysan, please visit our website at www.tysanclan.com or contact one of our recruiters online (currently *Juses and *TyC-Pothead - also available on the account *SilentPothead). If you have any further questions feel free to reply here.

- Prospero Valheart
    King/Chancellor of the Tysan Clan

2. Phat Wolf

Phat Wolf IncGamers Member

Re: [ESCL] The Tysan Clan looking for legit mature LoD players

Hi, I just wanted to know if you accepted newcomers like me? I don't do those duping and illegal stuff, but uh...what do clans do in diablo? Do they just be friends and help each other out when they are needed? Cuse once when I was in a newbie dueling game, and some clan DK started to nk people for no reason...Anyways I am kind of interested but I still want to know more before I make a decision...

3. Prospero Valheart

We most certainly accept newcomers. We were all new to this game at one time and newcomers deserve a fair chance.

As for what guilds do - it differs from guild to guild, but Tysan is mostly about helping each other out when needed and the occasional friendly tournament.

If you have any further questions please ask!

4. Phat Wolf

Ah ok now I am more interested in signing up..but I do have one last question: do I have to change my name everytime I make a new char now because thats what I've noticed in many clans...lastly...when I sign up how do the other members know that I am with them? If I get accepted to the clan should add I everyone in the clan onto my list? Sory for all the questions, I just want to make sure before i sign up.

5. Phat Wolf

well...I've just filled an application to sign up for the clan as the acc name Wolfie...looking foward to hear from you guys, whether i'm accepted or not..:)

6. Prospero Valheart

In response to your naming question - we recommend using our TyC- clan tag, but it is not mandatory, so if you don't want to there won't be any consequences. Though many people do end up using the tag.

As for getting to know other members - it's easiest just to use the friends list - though our channel bot can also help with finding out who is online (I think the command is .lastseen - not sure since I play Guild Wars mostly)

7. extremecheese

extremecheese IncGamers Member

ive tryed filling out a apllication, but it keeps messing up you might need to fix

8. tycIbn

tycIbn IncGamers Member

i used to be a member... can i rejoin?

9. pieita

pieita IncGamers Member

Quite a pity I'm on Europe... you have my moral support tough! ^^

10. shadythoughts

shadythoughts IncGamers Member

I really like your clan, and read over both this article and your webpage.
    I badly need a clan, and am looking for mature, intelligent, practical gamers who can help me explore new avenues of this game.
    I hope you will consider

11. TavMasterT

TavMasterT IncGamers Member

Are members forbidden from trading with people outside of the clan to ensure that they are not trading for dupes? I don't dupe or use any hacks and all of my items were aquired by me through legit means, but I can't guarantee that all of my items are 100% legit. How does that fit with Tysan Clan policy?

12. Phat Wolf

Nope...you can just about trade with anyone, unless you know the gear are duped. And since alot of high runes are duped, there's a possibility that I might have some as well, though I got them through trading, so I'm pretty sure Prospero allows that...