Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Eschuta or Crescent Moon?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Thyiad, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Eschuta or Crescent Moon?

My pure lightening sorcy has the option of both.
    She has maxed CL, L and LM with 1 point in the usual utility skills.
    My option is now Crescent Moon with -35% Enemy Light Res or Eschutas with +16% Light damage.

I can already hit the 117%fcr without the fcr from Eschutas, my question is one of damage only.

Could someone more mathmatically inclined than myself, let me know which of the two options above will give me the most damage?

Many thanks.

2. Ava

Ava IncGamers Member

That depends on so many factors. The most important factors are how much -% lightning resist you already have on your other items and how much lightning resist the monster has to begin with.

That having been said, unless you already have a lot of -% resist items, Cresent Moon wil usually make you do more damage. The +15% lightning damage stacks with Lightning Mastery, so it will do you little good anyway.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I don't have any other -%lightening resist. I know the Eschuta has +skill too which Crescent Moon doesn't but I thought maybe -35% res could outweigh the +skill.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

3 sorc 40 FCR with up to 25% extra to lightning mastery (and -5% ELR) and 30 energy (=60 mana not boosted by %mana)

Well, if it wasn't for the FCR I'd probably have a hard time choosing, but that 40% FCR helps open up sooo many other equip slots.

5. Ava

Ava IncGamers Member

If you don't have any other -res items, Cresent Moon will almost always be the better (most damaging) choice. For instance, Hell Mephisto has 75% lightning resist, which means that Crescent Moon will more than double your damage. Hard to pass up, don't you think?

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

It really depends IMO, FCR can save your life when teleporting, and increase casting speed, but - res can toast your enemy much faster, as mentioned above.
    Personally I will use eschuta as 3 sorc skill and + light damage is good, where FCR is pretty versatile IMO.

7. Ava

Ava IncGamers Member

Personally, I wouldn't use Crescent Moon either. I would use Griffon's, an infinity merc and maybe some facets to lower monster resistance and then equip hoto/occulus/eschuta/spirit or something like that. But the question was what would give the most damage without other -res items, and that is definitely Crescent Moon.