Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ES small Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by jakoeloema, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. jakoeloema

    jakoeloema IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    ES small Question

    1) How much damage u take exacly from attacks with ES, full damage? Say for example a sorc does 25K firball damage plus pvp penalty and thats the damage i take?

    2)If u got -resist do u still get the damage from the -resist status even with ES activated say for exmaple u take 2000K damage from a fireball and got Es lvl of 95% the 5% damage i take is still elemental Fire and does the Resist still counts!!!? do i get less damage if i got higher resist? and this this also counts for DR%?

    ty for help
     
  2. sasja

    sasja IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    Messages:
    617
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Check the Energy Shield guide in the stickies.
     
  3. jakoeloema

    jakoeloema IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26

    Answer not there plz explain bit read carefull what i typd plz
     
  4. jakoeloema

    jakoeloema IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Answer not there plz read carefull what i mean
     
  5. Superhal

    Superhal IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2003
    Messages:
    2,815
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    466
    answer is there. try also checking the energy shield guide in the strat compendium.

    btw, you answered your own question above. if you have 95% energy shield, then yes, you would only take 5% of all incoming damage.
     
  6. jakoeloema

    jakoeloema IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26

    The 5% is still damage so max resist and Dr% still counts i readed that its totaly useless for ES sorc BUl****
     
  7. Miladys-Knight

    Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2004
    Messages:
    441
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    98
    The thing you are having difficulty with is the order that these things are applied in. With 95% ES, 95% of the damage is applied to your mana ball (provided there is mana in it) at a rate of 2 points of mana for every point of damage taken, modified by your telekinesis level. The other 5% is applied to your life.

    Telekinesis reduces the amount of mana lost per point of damage taken by .0625 per level of telekinesis. (remember that this is a synergy so skill pluses don't help here only hard (invested) skill points). With 20 points invested in telekinesis you lose .75 mana for each point of damage inflicted.

    To give a condensed explanation and some numbers....

    When you are hit with an attack the first thing applied is the energy shield. Let us say a 1000 point attack, ES at level 40 (95% to mana) telekinesis at level 20.

    95% of the attack is applied to your mana ball in this case thats 950 points. Since your telekinesis is at level 20 you only lose .75 of that from your mana ball. So 712.5 mana is deducted from your mana ball.

    This leaves the 5% to the life ball. At this point that is 50 points of damage. Now resists (physical and elemental) are applied. If you have max resists (75%) then 37.5 damage is negated which means that only 12.5 points of damage are applied to your life ball.

    So carrying a ton of gear to get your resists to max makes little sense as the damage negated by them is nearly insignificant. Your would be far better off placing P skulls or P saphires in a 4 socket armor and a 3 socket helm.

    As the guide says the best thing to do is use damage reduced by X / magic damage reduced by X gear. In the above example all you have to do is eliminate 50 points of damage to have nothing at all hit your life ball.

    The benefits are obvious:


    With 20 points invested in telekinesis the damage ratio is .75 to 1. Thats an initial damage reduction of 25% of all the damage that hits your mana ball (there are exceptions... Poison is an example)

    It is much easier to increase your mana pool than your life pool. (Frost burns, silkweaves, gloomstrap, sojs)

    Even with out a point in warmth your mana regenerates. You have to use gear to regen life.
     
  8. jakoeloema

    jakoeloema IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Ty u melady that was the answer i was looking 4 made an orb sorc while ago and maxed teleknese and still i got beaten hard by chargers and fireball sorc and some lite sorc but thats my problem lol

    ty
     

Share This Page