Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ES question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by FlyingPerson, Mar 30, 2005.

1. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

ES question

What will be the limit for ES and Telekenisis?

for example, if I have 20 ES and 20 Tele, with +20 lite skill, make them both 40/40....I think that will over the cap limit right? I know max for ES is absort 95%, how about tele?

Can anyone suggest a best ratio between Warmth, ES and Tele if I want to be a super tank without over the limit (I dont want to waste skill pts). Dont need to worry about other skill for now, all I want to do is a maximum possible tank.

By the way, the Warmth recovery speed depends on ur Mana maximum right? Therefore, for a tank, Frostburn should be very helpful right? (40% Increase MAx mana)

Another question is...when ur ES is on, doesnt matter how sucky my resists are(eg: -75) it will always calculate as 0 right?

Also, does reduce damage or reduce magic damage work together with ES?

For example, after all the ES calculation, the dmg I receive is 50 HP and 100Mana, does reduce damage by 20 in here make me receive 30 HP dmg only?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

3. FlyingPerson

Thanks, but there is a point I dont get.
    I remember I read some other post saying if you have ES on, you dont need to care about Resistance, bcz it always consider resistance as 0 when you have ES on, but i also read another post saying, the dmg you receive will effect by the resistance you have, even though you have ES on.

So..which one is correct?

Or is it count in this way:

The dmg you receive will go through ES's formula first, then the outcome from the ES formula (the dmg you receive) will go through the resistance formula again? Then the result will be ur actual dmg.

4. Chimaira

The damage you take while having Energy Shield active is unaffected by your resists....In other words it acts as if you have 0 resists...even if your resists are -100 or 90. So there's really no reason to focus on resists...just make sure your Energy Shield doesn't die, then you're in trouble.

5. FlyingPerson

Hmm..according to (strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=564 )

they mention that resistance still applied after dmg from monster pass through ES's formula.

Do you know approximately how much dmg a hell monster can do?
    like those baal minion, or doom knight...

If the elemental dmg from a monster is 1000, after applied ES with 95% absorb, you still receive elemental dmg like 50...if your resistance is negative 75, isnt it gonna be 200 dmg to life?

But if the elemntal dmg from a monster is about 100 only...then it will be 20 dmg to life only..which is very minor, and you dont need to care too much about....

6. Chimaira

Yeah sorry that's for the last 5% that isn't absorbed...

I think Lister does 80-140, so that's probably at the top of the range....but if a monster has fanatiscism aura, is extra strong, etc...they might do a lot more:(

Yes...so resistance does matter a bit, but physical damage/magical damage reduced are pretty sweet with Energy Shield...as the guides also mention...Because the last 5% damage that get through aren't very large numbers so even the relatively small amounts of PDR/MDR can help a lot...Gladiator's Bane is a sweet armor for an Energy Shield sorceress.