Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ES Nova sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by leeloo, Oct 29, 2006.

1. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

ES Nova sorc?

I was just wondering if a nova/es sorc is effective when it comes to doing andy/duri/meph runs? Can high nova damage be achieved these days? Maybe some other lightning skill is more effective?

Or perhaps skip the whole ES-thing, and put all points into vitality, but keep her a lightsorcs?

any fresh guides or such would be appreciated

2. nthBULL

nthBULL IncGamers Member

3. aera

aera IncGamers Member

I am a BIG fan of these, esnova sorcs. i use the above guide to make here, Im yet to perchace an infinty, but if you can try get, 200fcr and have around 3k nova damage, you will EASYLY take out large groups of enemies without too much trouble. pritty much any act boss takes a little while.
    putting points in lightning, instead of ts, can help with this though.
    so pritty much this build is a croud controller, and good for mf areas such as shenk, nilithalk, tower, pit ect.

4. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

Why would bosses be such a problem when having static field?

5. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I have a 200% FCR straight light sorc (yeah nova is maxed but I never use it.) I highly recommend the build for huge, fast damage. She is so totally offensive I tend to play her a little too aggressively. Dropping a few points in synergy and pumping a nice ES may help - it's going to come down to playstyle.

Nova/ES also works well I'm told - sorry, no personal experiance there. I believe a lot of nova sorcs choose to hold infinity themselves. You can still hit the 105% FCR breakpoint with a little work. I don't think going for 200% and Nova and ES would be a good mix. You drop a lot of +mana gear when going for 200%. If you're going to go Nova, then you will need a good ES shield and lots of mana to absorb the damage.

6. BmanOwnsYou

BmanOwnsYou IncGamers Member

Why is it i havnt seen any sorcies using static in hell... they just spam lightning like its goin out of style.

7. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

for almost all monsters I can take their life down faster with lightning than with static. The only exceptions I can think of are Lister & friends and baal (in large games). Gor monsters like meph, Diablo, Andy or anyone else - there's no reason to switch over - they're dead too quick anyway. That and people are lazy.