Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Es nova sorc question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CanAbyss, May 31, 2008.

1. CanAbyss

CanAbyss IncGamers Member

Es nova sorc question

So this is a fairly espensive build and I doubt I'd be able to afford the 9 light skill gc's. My question is would I still be able to deal out decent enough damage in pvp/pvm to kill things at a viable rate without the 9 gcs?
    Also, I'm focusing more towards pvp

My gear will be:
    Griffons eye
    Arachnid mesh
    Magefists
    Treks
    Upped vipermagi
    Infinity scythe
    Cta
    Amulet- either mara's or a 2/20
    Soj's or fcr rings
    Torch
    Anni

I'm using this guide:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=446430

2. penco

penco IncGamers Member

Re: Es nova sorc question

Hold on a sec, you can afford an Infinity scythe, Annhilus, and Torch, but not 9 Lightning grand charms? That's quite odd.

Without the 9 GCs this build is not quite as PvP viable, I imagine.

Consider throwing a point into Thunderstorm for PvP. With all the +skills and Lightning mastery it ought to do good damage, and you can just teleport around the enemy like crazy and let the storm kill them.

You're using Energy Shield, you said, right? Does this mean max ES and TK, or just one base point? If you're maxing ES, you probably need to have a +3 ES "Memory" staff on switch for prebuffing to reach the 95% cutoff for ES.

Also, don't use Mara's if you're using ES. Use Tal Rasha's ammy instead. Only use Mara's if you don't have Tal's.

3. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Mind explaining why? I think the +2 extra BO level would more than outweigh the life and mana from Tal's.

4. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

You have to at least have some GC's. Nova sorc's damage is on the low side as it is, but without the 9 GC's you're pretty out of the running. 9 light gcs aren't that expensive either... if you can afford a 2/20 you can easily afford 9 light gcs. They don't all have to be 40+ lifers... just get plains and trade them in as you can afford lifers.

Without the gc's this build should fair pretty well in PvM, but I don't see you going much of anywhere in PvP. +9light skills is a huge amount of skills to just completely skip out on.