ES lightning sorci setup...

ES lightning sorci setup...

I was thinking of using this gear:
Wizzy
Vmagi
Arach
2/2020
18 fcr ammy (crafted one I have with 74 mana, but no sorci skills)
soj
soj
frosties
stormshield

Go maxblock, es, and maintain 117 fcr. (118 here, so I beat the bp).

How's it sound?

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you'll need some really good charms, because you're going to spend a lot of stat points to wear SS and then get max block.
Plus your fhr is kinda low. Shouldn't be a problem if you're not dueling though.

Let me know how its goes though, because I want to build a es lite sorc, but I was going for 117fcr/86fhr, no block.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
1) You'll need good charms as explained, load up on vita charms.
2) FHR shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a high ES shield.
3) If you're going no block, I don't see why you wouldn't go for 200%FCR (PvP). If you're PvM then 117 is good enough.

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
1) You'll need good charms as explained, load up on vita charms.
2) FHR shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a high ES shield.
3) If you're going no block, I don't see why you wouldn't go for 200%FCR (PvP). If you're PvM then 117 is good enough.
Why is fhr not important if have you high es shield? On a sorc getting caught normally ends in death, low fhr makes it easier to get caught. What am I missing?

I've thought about 200fcr, but i don't quite have the gear, and 200fcr with es would mean low dmg, since I'd be sacrificing +skills for extra fcr and a whole synergy for telekinesis.
If I wanted a vita sorc, I'd build a 200fcr. But I want a es sorc. Plus I play west so we don't have bmana's. I think lot more possibilites open up with bmana's.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
why bother with stormshield at all? it has no beneficial stats for you and it's very heavy to boot

definitely if you want to go maxblock on a ES sorc the best option will be whitstan's because it has by far the highest block %

still if you're PVM you don't need block at all, get spirit instead (unless you're HC)

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Why is fhr not important if have you high es shield? On a sorc getting caught normally ends in death, low fhr makes it easier to get caught. What am I missing?

I've thought about 200fcr, but i don't quite have the gear, and 200fcr with es would mean low dmg, since I'd be sacrificing +skills for extra fcr and a whole synergy for telekinesis.
If I wanted a vita sorc, I'd build a 200fcr. But I want a es sorc. Plus I play west so we don't have bmana's. I think lot more possibilites open up with bmana's.
FHR recovery works on the fact more than 1/12 of your life is taken away at once. (I am not 100% sure since I havn't played for a while but it was like that when I did)

When most of the damage eats up mana, FHR isn't priority.

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
Thats how i understand it as well. But wouldn't fhr be an issue for escaping stunning moves like leap, mb, etc?