ES Blizz - Mastery or Synergy?

xcom

Diabloii.Net Member
ES Blizz - Mastery or Synergy?

I have a problem. I have 20 skill points left to distribute. I can either max a synrgy of blizz or cold mastery. Which do you think is better to max? Or should i split between them?

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
xcom said:
I have a problem. I have 20 skill points left to distribute. I can either max a synrgy of blizz or cold mastery. Which do you think is better to max? Or should i split between them?
Blizzard is pretty powerful, I would place enough in mastery that +skills would take it to about slvl 17 the rest I would place in the synergy.

More than 17 in cold mastery really is a waste unless you are a single tree build. But I have a feeling you're backing Blizzard up with someothere skill.

xcom

Diabloii.Net Member
well im ES. besides that im single tree. Only 1 point is in Mastery and its lvl 22.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
for pvp i'd say mastery, for pvm, synergy. for mephrunning, get cm to 27 after eq, rest in synergy.

xcom

Diabloii.Net Member
my damge is 8.5k atm. it will boost up to 10k once i get my fathom and pnw on.i think i will take your advice and max mastery. thanks guys

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
Cold Mastery is still a mystery to me as well...and I have read numerous posts on it. Everyone seems to have a different idea of how many points to put into it.

For a pure blizz sorc should CM be maxed? Does it hit a plateau at some point where any additional points become a waste? If I concentrate on pvm, should I max CM last? I hear lots of conflicting views on that as well.

Thanks.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
the best explanation i have heard is in the meteorb guide. basically, the cap is -100 cold resist. at lvl 17, you bring 80-90% of the monsters to this cap in hell. at 27, you get all of them. between that, you only gain a few more monster types per level.

FathomFear

Diabloii.Net Member
So, realistically, points beyond level 17 do very little to increase your killing speed?

If this is true...one would only need one point in CM...as it's relatively easy to get +16 from items alone. But if this *is* true, why does guide after guide recommend placing so many points in CM? :rolleyes:

k/t

Banned
Perhaps because it's not so easy to get +16 to skills from items. And perhaps because you want items with resists and life and FCR and other things besides +skills.