Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Error message (DirectX and video drivers)?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Kinzo, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Kinzo

Kinzo IncGamers Member

Error message (DirectX and video drivers)?

"THIS COMPUTER CANNOT RUN Diablo II!

Video Test did not detect any useable video modes. Please update your system software as follows:

On Windows 95, 98 or 2000:
    1) Install DirectX 6.1 or newer (DirectX 7a is included with this CD)
    2) Install current video drivers matching the version of DirectX you have installed.

In all situations, reboot your computer after installing new system software. After you have completed these steps, run the Video Test (in the Options section) again."

I installed the DirectX 7a the disc offers, but I have no idea what video driver I need to install... it just tells me to get one. How the hell am I supposed to know which one to get? Could someone give me a link of which one to install? I thought I'd need Direct 3D, but the only available download I've found I need to pay for.

I just need to know what's up. I've installed this game on 4 other computers and I have at least 7 IRL friends who've installed it and neither of us have gotten this error message, ever.

I use this computer for those who are wondering: http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/optiplex/GX280sd_3d_model.html

It's used, I got it from a college called Sheridan, if that would make a difference...

2. sunkenfaith

sunkenfaith IncGamers Member

Re: Error message (DirectX and video drivers)?

I advise you not to click that link. It could be a potentially dangerous link.

Reading your msg, its probably an video card driver error. Make sure u update your drivers from the manufacturer's website.

3. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Error message (DirectX and video drivers)?

Emphasizing this. Do not go to that link.

Get your drivers from Dell's website, or, if you know the manufacturer of your graphics chipset, directly from the NVidia, ATI, or Intel website.