Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

erm...ouch!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BaNiSeR, Mar 4, 2004.

1. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

erm...ouch!

im sitting there in a daze in my millionth baal run in NM. i got my barb to 72, and i take the TP to the throne an start doing what we barbs do...sit there and wate while the 7 sorces in game kill everything lol

all of a sudden i look at my red bulb and notice its not very red right now...then it dawned on me that i must be getting attacked but im in a daze or something and dont do jack about it. so im sitting there watching these bone spears go through me and my life bulb is draining and i dont even think to drink a potion...i just thought "isnt this nice, im going to die"

lol, guess waht, ImmortalBubba was slain by serpent magus (champ pack in throne room) well, lost my IK boots/gloves/belt and that really cool unique helm and bstar, but rest of my gear wasnt good so no big loss i guess!

neway, back to classic i go until i work up the urge to lvl another barb to 76 and use the I set on him ^_^

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Humm......to many leeching hours lulled ya to sleep!

Thus is why i refuse to leech, I run around like a banshee and smack crap with my lvl 1 Zerk, drink pots, Howl, Taunt whatever.

3. Sip

Sip Banned

Yeah, melee characters are fun eh?

Once you get to level 25, you can enjoy the charming atmosphere of baal's throne room from then until level 99. If you are a barb, you get the extra bonus of running around BO'ing everyone until they are satisfied.

I can see why its so hard to quit this game.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Nothing says you have to run Baals!

My Barb runs around all over Hell keelin all kinds of crap.....does baal some....whatever floats my boat at the moment.

5. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Heh, I had a well composed rant (which I've presented to prez, and rachelene, and Christor, and ... anyone who will listen) about the problem with melee so I suppose I'll present it now, since it's on topic for once.

I think that a lot of the problems with melee fighters could be fixed if they redid the formula for which damage synergies are computed. On my barb, I maxed berzerk and found it doing about 1700 max one-handed, with a weapon that did about 250 max listed damage. I maxed all of berzerks synergies, for 10% ed per additional skill point. But I don't get 10% of 1700, i get 10% of 250! That's ridiculous, 25 points of damage per synergy point, where a meteor sorc gets about 300 every time she drops a point. They should make the additional synergy bonus multiply your maxed combat-skill damage (1700), not your weapon damage. I dropped 60 pts into berzerk (which hits one monster) and got about 3500 max damage (with pretty good gear), a sorc that drops 60 pts in meteor gets 10K, applied over area of effect, (with minimal gear), and a backup skill, that does ~4K, area of effect. Hell, shout and zerk is the most disgusting synergy ever... increase my defense just so it's zero when zerking? Frenzy and zerk, now that would be synergy. :thumbsup:

Another option would be changing the way weapon masteries worked. Make them multiply your damage after everything else is computed. IE, 50% ed from a weapon mastery would multiply your damage by 1.5, not add it in parallel with other %ED ... that's hella weak. That would actually work a lot like sorc masteries anyway. This is a nice option because it gives a lot of power to highly specialized, 1-weapon characters. Not that barbs really switch weapon classes that much.

:rant:

Oh well, I know this was just a rant, but I tried to provide some suggestions too.

6. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

lol, i gave up cowing, now i think i might give up baal unless its a private game. but enough exp for now, im playing my baby necro in classic!

[email protected] punk who saw one item i had for trade and walked out on me because i didnt have twitch for his undead crown! lol