Ergonomic mouses

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I use a Logiteh Mx518. Corded, yes, but the DPI increase and button assignment really helps in MoH. If I had a quarter for every time I got accused of hackz, I could buy a palship

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
ragnar_ii said:
Cordless mice very may well be just as good as a corded mouse, but its for a desktop. Its not supposed to be moved around a lot. I just dont understand the concept of using a wireless mouse.
There are several reasons to buy a cordless mouse, none of which have to do with the largeness of your screen.

For example, when I'm tinkering at the back of my case I roll it out and 9/10 times I forget to unplug the mouse and it falls out the back of my desk.

My computer also sits on the opposite side of me from my case (for a reason) so the cord from the mouse drapes down the back of the desk and across where my feet go. Sometimes when I stretch my legs out I can get momentarily tangled up, which is death in any fast paced game.

Also I just dislike cords going everywhere, get a decent cordless mouse and you can have the docking thing at the back of your desk, or even on top of your case, well out of the way.

Not big problems, I have an MX500 now which works fine, but in my opinion there are no downsides to buying a cordless mouse other than cost. And I'm the kind of person who is willing to pay a bit extra to have things 'just so'.

ragnar_ii

Diabloii.Net Member
Savage said:
There are several reasons to buy a cordless mouse, none of which have to do with the largeness of your screen.

For example, when I'm tinkering at the back of my case I roll it out and 9/10 times I forget to unplug the mouse and it falls out the back of my desk.

My computer also sits on the opposite side of me from my case (for a reason) so the cord from the mouse drapes down the back of the desk and across where my feet go. Sometimes when I stretch my legs out I can get momentarily tangled up, which is death in any fast paced game.

Also I just dislike cords going everywhere, get a decent cordless mouse and you can have the docking thing at the back of your desk, or even on top of your case, well out of the way.

Not big problems, I have an MX500 now which works fine, but in my opinion there are no downsides to buying a cordless mouse other than cost. And I'm the kind of person who is willing to pay a bit extra to have things 'just so'.

Forgetting to unplug it when moving your case is not something that the average person would forget, I think. Whenever I'm going to mess around with my comp, unplugging the mouse/keyboard/monitor etc, all comes immediatly after unplugging the power cord. Its just not something thats forgettable, at least in my case.

Having your computer farther away than normal is a valid reason. I simply overthought that because I've always had my computers either right next me on the floor or right next to the monitor on the desk.

I also understand paying more for the "just because" factor.

So, I guess there is reasons to merit buying a cordless mouse. Its just not for me though.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
if you have alot of stuff on your desk the cord could mess things up a little

some cordless mice lag alot, the newer logitech ones seem to have verry quick responces

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
A cordless mouse just sounds like one more thing that can screw up. I do get annoyed with all the cords sometimes, though.