Equipment Suggestions for Vengence build

DeadlyDan

Diabloii.Net Member
Equipment Suggestions for Vengence build

Currently I am Level 59 and have the following equipment:

Helm - Megic circlet with +3 to Def skills
AMulet - +3 to combat (magic)
Weapon - Butchers Pupil
Armor - Griswalds (nothing in sockets/3 sockets total)
Shield - Herald of Zakrum (Socketed with 15 IAS Jewel)
Ring 1 - Dwarf Star
Ring 2 - Raven Forst
Belt - Rare Elite - misc mods and +30% Light resist
Gloves - Upgraded Chance Guards
Boots - Tearhauch

What seems to be lacking is resists..in nightmare my fire and cold resist is about 40. No prevent monster heal. Lacking a bit on leach (mana/life). Any suggestions on what to switch out or what to socket in the armor?

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
If you really don't need the Griswold armor for the strength, I would try making a Smoke armor (nef+lum). The 50 resist all should help you a lot in nm and later on in hell, and I don't think lum would be too hard for you to come by. For your weapon, see if you can obtain a baranar's star. It'll come in handy at lvl 65.

Regarding your chance guards, perhaps you can switch em out for Venom Grips for life leech or Ghoulhides for mana leech. Later on at lvl 74 (i know, its a long way) you can consider soul drainers for the 4-7/4-7 leech.

Whilhem's Pride Belt (disciple set) might work out for you with 5/5 dual leech if you can make up the lost lightning resist somewhere else.

One more thing, I don't know much about vengeance ias and attack frames, but I would take out the 15ias jewel with the hel rune recipe at stuff a perfect diamond in your hoz.

TheCheese

Diabloii.Net Member
Helm:Stealskull (duel leech)
Amulet:That will work until you can get a unique or rare amulet.........try and gamble a +2 pally ammy
Weapon:Baranas Star..........if you cant get that get something like the atlantean because you dont need the deadly strike that butchers pupil gives.
Shield:Is good
Rings:Seem fine but if u encounter ar problems switch dward star with angelic ring and use angelic ammy because of the huge ar bonuses.
Belt:Well you might want to go with nightsmoke at worse which has 10 all resists. Verdungos or string would work nicely even though it can be expensive but dr is necessary.
Gloves:Ugh dont need chance guards.......maybe lavagouts or something with some elemental damage or leech life.
Boots:Are fine
Armour: Duriels shell or socket grizzys with some resist jewels because resists are also necessary.

Remember that ll isnt the most important thing with an avenger because ll sucks now and most of your damage should be elemental. Well hoped i helped you.

Syphilis

Diabloii.Net Member
your +3 def circlet is useless.
look for a +resist circlet or make one with a 3 socket helm + Ral+Ort+Thul until you find something better.

upgrading your butcher's pupil, you will double its base damage => vengence will deals twice more dmg. you need 80%ias for 10fpa. shael it for 50%ias and find 30% ias elsewhere.

armor : guardian angel if you can find it.
else, smoke or lionheart are very good.

shield : i second what shan. unsocket the 15ias jewel and put a Pdiamnd or Um

belt : an upgraded nightsmoke evaporates ml needs and gives 10 more resist all

my 2 cents

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
desocket your HoZ and get a p-diamond in there? +19 resists straight away. Socket the IAS jewel somewhere else.

Dwarf Star isn't the best ring for you right now... get a high resist ring instead. A simple magic +15 resist all ring IMHO is better than Dwarf Star for your case.

Andy225

Diabloii.Net Member
DeadlyDan said:
Currently I am Level 59 and have the following equipment:

Gloves - Upgraded Chance Guards

What seems to be lacking is resists..in nightmare my fire and cold resist is about 40. No prevent monster heal. Lacking a bit on leach (mana/life). Any suggestions on what to switch out or what to socket in the armor?
Leach...get Dracul's Grasps gloves for the 5% chance to cast life tap. You will never have a problem again leaching life...

TheCheese

Diabloii.Net Member
Draculs arnt cheap and if you think about it a 1/20 chance to get life tap isnt very good odds seeing as you should have killed the monster in way less hits. Dont get me wrong the 1/20 is great but dont rely on it for leech life.

DeadlyDan

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the replies. I created a crafted belt that gives me a bit more resists and I am currently trying to gamble a better circlet. Recently though I found a Cruel Ettin Axe. It has about 280%+ ED and 5% chance to cast level 1 amp. The question I have is what is the best level to attempt to craft a blood axe to get the highest ehanced damage mods?

Syphilis

Diabloii.Net Member
don't know the min lvlv for best ed mods, but you must be at least lvl 71 whatever receipe you are using, so that you are sure to have 4 random mods.