Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Equipment Help

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Krutch Undefined, May 23, 2008.

1. Krutch Undefined

Krutch Undefined IncGamers Member

Equipment Help

I'm a lvl ** blizz mf sorc and I can solo andy and meph but it takes a little longer than it should because I can't tank them. I have to run around in circles pretty much lol. Just wondering if I could get some recommendations on my gear as I don't know what to get.

I currently am wearing:

Shako
    Vipermagi
    Tearhauch (sp?)
    2 Nagels
    Tal Belt
    Lidless
    Occy
    Magefists
    40 to all res shield on switch
    gull on switch

I have decent gear but I'm I don't see why I can't tank andy or meph. My resistances are only a little above 1 which is probably part of the reason. My build is a normal blizz sorc build with max blizz and synergies with tele and static.

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Equipment Help

Did you... pump cold mastery? I've been seeing alot of cold sorcs leaving cold mastery at a low point to the point where they don't deal much at all.

Rather than tanking.. against meph you should do moat trick and for andy.. perhaps get a merc to tank?

3. Krutch Undefined

Yeah I'm max cold mastery forgot to add that sorry. I still don't understand the moat trick so I'll probably look it up. As for a merc I'm not rich enough to supply it with anything to keep it alive.

4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

I'd suggest a spirit monarch, you'll need 156 strength to use it but the mods on it are well worth it. Wartravs for the mf, if you don't have those I like to use aldur's boots for the fire resists that spirit shield doesn't have until I can get wartravs. An upped goldwrap has more mf than tal's belt. Here's some cheap merc gear you can mf or trade for: (you want a merc helm with lifeleech) Helms: Tal helm, Vamp gaze, Crown of thieve's, Armor: Duriel's shell, Smoke (in 2os armor, i like duriel's better), Polearm's: Cryptic Axe, Colossus Voulge, Thresher (you can find these doing pit or cow runs, though you won't be able to do pit runs with your blizz because of the cold immunes), get a 4os polearm and make an insight runeword in it for the mana regen.

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

You won't need to do Pit runs. Just do Ancient Tunnels. Same drop rates as Pits, no cold immunes except for bosses, which your merc can handle (static + telekinesis). They are in the Lost City btw. You can also try Mausoleum which is the Burial Grounds.

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

It's your resists. You need to up those. A spirit will help, in fact anything the Ratt suggested will help.

I never moat trick, I always tank ... and usually tank FOR my merc too.

7. Krutch Undefined

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Well after a day of trading I've got myself a spirit and the only problem is I'm short on strength...a lot actually...I'm level 90 now and only have 128/156 for Spirit. I've done all the act 3 stat quests and I'm not rich enough to buy strength charms or I would (2 perf larges are at least a HR each I believe [USEast L]) Are there any items that I should grab to help me get my 156 str? I'm going to probably try to get to level 92 so I can grab 10 more str but that will take a while. Currently the only thing helping my str is my war travs, and a small 5 str charm with res. I'm a mfer so it is really hard to find gear with mf and str.

Here's what I'm wearing as of now:
    Tal Amour
    Tal Ammy
    Shako
    Lidless
    Occy
    Tal Belt
    War Travs (43% MF)
    Magefists
    2 Nagels (24, 29 mf)

I have maybe 2-4 HR worth of runes but I don't want to spend all my runes just so I can use my spirit.

Thanks in advance for the help

8. CrooklynDodger

CrooklynDodger IncGamers Member

A torch would help close the gap a lot. I know it might be a bit out of your price range. An underrated run is nm andy she drops me a lot of sojs and it's a real fast/easy run for good prophet (I've found 2 just this week). Also nm meph/baal might drop you some nice merc gear like gaze/shaft. Might be useful to do nm for a little while and beef up . Also a nice fcr ring with str would help a lot but those can be pricey, just pray one drops I suppose.

9. Krutch Undefined

Yeah I was thinking about a torch but it will be hard to get a decent one for a HR [East Ladder]. I was thinking about getting COH (down the road), a low mara but then I would have barely any MF.

This leads me to my second question:
    To all you mfers, do you wear dmg gear so you can kill faster with little mf or do you have a lot of mf but kill a little slower? I'm trying to debate whether or not to just get rid of all my mf gear and grab dmg gear so I for one have str for spirit and can do more dmg. I just don't want to sacrifice drops when I mf.

10. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

I always start somewhere in the middle. Then I slowly work towards maxed killing power, and from there I strip away as much as possible without feeling like i'm sluggish.
    It's good, because you can take your time cruising through the Ancient Tunnels in 8p games. A Blizz sorc doesn't need too much +skills. The rares, socketables, runes and the gold will keep you occupied anyways and 105fcr tp is much overrated for an mf'er, imo.

But you do need a reliable merc. He's pretty essential to your staying power and stability.

Save your intentions for coh etc for later. Focus on getting either an Enigma or an Infinity and some smiter gear. Both will allow for fast keyruns = mass wealth mass fast.The unid torches will be rolling in and you'll have your coh anytime soon.

11. Krutch Undefined

Thanks guys :) I got an amazing deal on a torch and grabbed a few str charms for cheap and I can now wear my Spirit :D

So what I'm hearing is I should get some decent mf without sacrificing a lot of dmg, get some good items, then grab some damage gear?

Sounds...wise. I didn't really think about getting good items from mfing then slowly work towards dmg gear. Thanks for the tips everyone:)