Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Equipment HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Hacker24, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

Equipment HELP!!!!!

Equipment Choices for a CL/FO sorc.
    I want max block for sure, and my choices are a rhymer grim shield or a SS. This is for running the pit, and i will never mf meph because i have other sorcs for that. My other stuff is:
    Shako
    Skulders
    Silkweave
    Nagel, and either a manald, but ill get raven if i dont use Rhyme
    Goldwrap
    Perfect Chanceguards
    Occy
    Some blue ammy with +3 to light skills.

So, if you would help me choose a shield for the pit, it would be very helpful.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

it depends on if you die. it looks like you won't need the extra benefits from SS, so you could grab the extra mf from rhyme. it really only depends on if you die during the runs. SS will help you live. it shouldn't be too hard to do it with rhyme. my sorc has worse gear and does fine in the pits.

3. FrostbaneX

FrostbaneX IncGamers Member

If ur gonna mf use probably rhyme...Also if ur going to mf use War Travlers...they do pretty close to the same thing as silks but have 40%mf, Get tals, ammy and belt.....together they give lots of skills/resist and have more mf together than goldwrap,ur ammy and skullders(3 tals items give like 65% or something and ptopaz tals armor) Probably use nagel...u should be alright with the rest of ur gear...also a gull dagger or dual ist ali baba wouldn't hurt for more mf...if u take all my suggestions into effect u can have anywhere from 800-1200+ mf with charms.

4. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

Try to put the rhyme in a troll nest, i did that and i achieve decent blocking just fine and never die in the pits with it. I only use SS on my Diablo/baal runner

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Erm, 1200 MF is just a little overkill IMO

- Tal's PTopaz = 112%
    - Tal's Belt = 15%
    - Tal's partial bonus = 65%
    - Shako PTopaz = 74%
    - Dual Nagels = 60%
    - Chance Guards = 40%
    - Wartravelers = 50%
    - Gull Isted = 130%
    - Rhyme = 25%
    -------------------------------
    total = 571%

So even for 800% you'd need a 40% Gheeds and 189% on 7% sc's (27x7% sc's) which is almost your max Inventory.

And when you go Uber MF, you'd have to switch Gull for 6 Ist Phaseblade (=180%) and Rhyme for a 4 Ist Monarch (=100%) This would gain you 125%, and not 400% as you suggested. 1200% MF is even virtually not possible on a Barb.

6. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

I cant/dont really wanna try to get tals armor/ammy. So, i guess i could get travs, and ill try for em, but im not that rich, but i do have a soj i might trade for tals armor, adn this is a run on sentence.