Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Equipment help/question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by onesweetpig, Feb 1, 2004.

1. onesweetpig

onesweetpig IncGamers Member

Equipment help/question

I've hit a crossroads in my equipment with my Zeal/Fanat pally. I want to be sure I am at 4fps and max resists. Right now I use the following equipment.

337% ED Heavens Light 'shaeled' (174-227)
    Laying of Hands
    Lionheart runeword armor
    Sanctuary runeword shield (81 resist all 75% block)
    Goreriders
    Saracens Chance ammy
    Raven Frost
    Prismatic MF ring
    Tals Helm socketed with a P Topaz

Recently I found Andys Visage and I like the damage boost I get from the +2 skills and +28 to strength but it lowers my cold and lightning resist to below max, cold is I think 61 and Lightning at 68, Fire and Poison are still maxed. I also lose the mana leech from Tals mask which I've found to be a problem because there are a ton of mana burn super uniques in Hell and I have no other mana leech. My question is if I should stay with the Andys Visage and socket it with some kind of resist jewel, or if it would be better suited by socketing it with something else and trying to get a resist all charm. Any input would be appreciated. Also I am wondering if I should ditch my MF ring, its only about 12% resist to all and 10% magic find. I have a feeling that is my weak link. Should I try to find a nice mana leech ring with good resists?

2. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

I think I would just hold out for some resist small charms. You aren't too far off max at the moment. Alternatively you could gamble for rings until you can improve on the rare one you are using.

EDIT: Just checking, you have rescued Anya on all diff's haven't you?

3. onesweetpig

So you are definitely saying stick with Andys Visage right?

4. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Ok,

I've just looked at the stats of Andy's Visage properly, thats one sweet piece of gear. I think your best bet is to play for a while with it and see if the reduced resists cause you problems. If you are playing hc, maybe you could trade some junk for resist charms? One other thing, how are you doing for mana leech? I don't tend to play melee myself, but it seems like you are loosing pretty much all of it? Will that cause you grief?

5. onesweetpig

Yea, I'll lose all the mana leech I had. As a Zeal/Fanat pally you don't need much, just enough to leech back to hit with zeal which only costs 2 mana. I'm not playing HC. The resists aren't causing me that many problems, the problem lies in the mana burn super uniques, when I run into them, I don't hit with zeal, therefore my damage is cut bigtime as well as my speed.